Burton, MI, was once an agricultural community that has since become a Detroit suburb. This small town has a lot to offer, from nature trails to lakes and more. If you're looking for charm, this town has it.
When you're one of the 28,643 residents that live in Burton, you'll need car coverage. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with policy and price. You can connect with a local expert in minutes to start your policy search.
What Are the Car Insurance Requirements in Burton, MI?
Like worker's compensation insurance, auto coverage is required in Burton, MI. If you want to use the local roadways, you'll need to have proof of eligible insurance. Check out the required auto insurance for Burton, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
Even though state-regulated minimum limits are all that is required to drive, you may want more coverage. With the average accident easily exceeding low limits, more options should be considered. Fortunately, you'll have a choice about how your policy is written.
Auto Coverage Options in Burton, MI
You may want to consider additional types of coverages for your auto policy. The only included limit is liability insurance, everything else you'll need to add. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event such as a fire or vandalism.
With the number of accidents that occur daily, another policy you may want is umbrella insurance. Umbrella coverage will give you an additional limit of liability when your underlying limits are exhausted. This policy is easy to add and is usually inexpensive.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Make Sure You Have Coverage for Uber Driving in Burton, MI
Personal auto insurance excludes coverage for rideshare or for-hire livery services. If you are making some extra cash driving for Uber or Lyft, you're without coverage. There is something you can do to be protected.
Commercial vehicle insurance is a policy that covers business-related claims. Since you are technically operating a business, you'll need insurance to match. Commercial insurance can be easily obtained by a licensed professional.
How to Lower Your Burton, MI Car Insurance Premium
Companies look at a variety of items when deciding your premiums. They will use personal data and local risk elements to determine your costs. Check out some rating factors the carriers use below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
While you'll be able to improve some areas for better pricing, others you won't. Local crime is one item you can't change, and it will have an impact on your premiums. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Burton average: 238.90
You can save instantly by bundling your auto and home insurance with the same carrier. When you put all your policies with one insurance company, they reward you with lower premiums. Some will even offer a discount of 30% or more across the board.
How to Connect with a Burton, MI Independent Agent
When you're searching for car coverage at an affordable rate, contact an independent insurance agent. Since they do the shopping at no cost to you, it's a no-brainer. They have access to several carriers, giving you options on coverage and price.
If you're tired of DIYing insurance, contact a professional. You can connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice in minutes. Use the find-an-agent tool to begin.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.