Kentwood, MI, is a suburb of Grand Rapids and is known as a great place to live. From mom-and-pop shops to modern dining, this town has it all. Parks and green spaces make it recreational for everyone.
If you're one of the 51,747 residents in this family-friendly city, you'll need the right auto protection. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with a car policy at a low price. Connect with a local adviser to begin.
How You Can Save Money on Your Car Insurance in Kentwood, MI
Insurance companies will use various items when pricing your policy. Personal data and loss history are among them. Check out rating factors the carriers use below:
- Local crime rates
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Your driving record
While you may be able to improve some areas, others you won't have any control over. The local crime in Kentwood is not something you can change, but it impacts your costs. Let's take a peek at the auto theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Kentwood average: 128.40
If you want the lowest rates in town, consider bundling. Insurance companies will award a discount of 30% or more when you bundle your auto and home policies. When a carrier has all your business, it will give significant savings.
How Optional Car Insurance Helps In Kentwood, MI
Your car insurance will come with minimum limits of liability, and that's pretty much it. If you're looking for insurance on your vehicles and roadside assistance, you'll need to add it. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision event such as a fire, hailstorm, or vandalism.
Auto insurance can get used often. That's why it's so important to have adequate coverage. When you're without the right limits, you could pay a considerable expense out of pocket. Consider umbrella insurance for additional liability coverage and added protection.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Your Kentwood, MI State Required Limits May Be Too Low
If you want to use the streets in Kentwood, MI, you'll need proper coverage. Like worker's compensation insurance, each state has its own laws on auto insurance. Check out the required auto insurance for Kentwood, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
If a claim arises and you only have the minimum limits, you could be in hot water. When your coverage is exhausted, you'll be on the hook for any remaining balance. Review your liability with a professional.
How Driving for Uber Could Be a Risk in Kentwood, MI
Personal car insurance excludes coverage for rideshare services. That means when you drive for Uber or Lyft, you'll be without insurance. To avoid financial ruin, you'll need the right policy.
Commercial vehicle insurance will give you the protection you need for a claim. When you operate a business using your own vehicle, it can get tricky to know where coverage starts and ends. Consider commercial insurance for your venture.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Kentwood, MI
If you're searching for the perfect auto insurance in Kentwood, MI, an independent insurance agent can help. They work with numerous carriers at once, giving you options on coverage and premium. Since they do the shopping, you can relax.
Instead of going at it alone, consider using a licensed professional. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice in minutes. You can access the find-an-agent resource to begin.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.