About 1.75 of every 1,000 Michigan residents will experience car theft this year. Though this rate is below the national average, having car insurance is still essential to protect against car theft and many other vehicle disasters. Without the right coverage, you could pay out of pocket for accident costs and more.
An independent insurance agent in Troy, MI can set you up with all the car insurance you need to protect against vehicle theft. You'll even get equipped with coverage long before it's time to file a claim. But for starters, here's how car insurance breaks down in Troy, MI.
Best Car Insurance in Troy, MI
When hunting for the best car insurance available in Troy, MI, you'll want to work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can simplify your insurance shopping experience by offering you quotes from many different carriers together in one place. They can also help you apply for and maintain a policy.
In addition, independent insurance agents are experts in many types of car insurance, so they know how to get you matched to the coverage you need. They'll make sure you walk away with enough coverage to be fully protected both on and off the road. They can also find you any discounts you qualify for to save you even more on your coverage.
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Troy, MI?
You might need more car insurance than your neighbor does. Here are some commonly selected car insurance coverages:
- Collision coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers the cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it gets damaged or totaled by a non-collision event such as a hailstorm or theft.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: About one out of every five drivers in Michigan is uninsured, which makes having this coverage critical to protect you against collisions with other drivers who don't carry enough coverage.
- Liability coverage: Liability coverage protects you against lawsuits relating to you causing bodily injury or property damage to others with your vehicle.
An independent insurance agent in Troy, MI can help you get set up with every type of car insurance you need to complete a full picture of coverage.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Troy, MI?
Troy, MI's car insurance rate is much higher than the national average cost. Drivers in Troy pay an average of $2,476 annually, while the US average is just $1,311. Michigan is one of the nation's most expensive states for car insurance, but it's still critical to have car insurance to protect yourself, your passengers, your vehicle, and others on the road.
Is Car Insurance Required in Troy, MI?
Drivers in Troy, MI are required to have certain types of coverage by law. Michigan's minimum state requirements for car insurance include:
- Bodily injury liability: Coverage of at least $50,000 per person and $100,000 per incident of bodily injury liability insurance is required.
- Property damage liability: Coverage of at least $10,000 per incident of property damage liability is required.
- Personal injury protection: All drivers in Michigan are also required to carry PIP coverage, which reimburses for your own injuries or injuries to your passengers if you're at fault for an accident.
Your local Troy, MI independent insurance agent can help you get equipped with the minimum car insurance requirements for your area and more.
Who Are the Best Car Insurance Companies in Troy, MI?
Though you can find car insurance from many different carriers, here are a few of our top picks for quality coverage in Troy, MI.
|Best Car Insurance Companies in Troy, MI||Star Rating|
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Troy, MI?
There's no such thing as a one-size-fits-all car insurance policy. With a wide variety of products and options at your disposal, you can put together a solid car insurance package that's custom-built for you and other drivers in your family.
An independent insurance agent can help you choose the right policies and options to meet your specific coverage needs. Because they're independent, these agents can work with several of the best car insurance companies in Michigan to find you the right coverage at a great price.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Paul Martin
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.