If you’re looking for a sweet southern town with a hint of nostalgia around every corner, you’ll find it waiting in Hattiesburg, MS. This beautiful town is well-known for its southern-style sweet tea, charming local artistry, and unparalleled scenic views. Small-business owners love Hattiesburg because of the growing economy and business-friendly incentives. Like the rest of Mississippi, Hattiesburg is a great place to chase your entrepreneurial dreams.
During previous years, there were 242,843 small businesses in Mississippi, providing jobs to 430,316 people. However, recent years have also brought some serious risks for business owners, with $2,714,133 paid out for losses. Starting a small business comes with some risk, but you can protect your investment with comprehensive Hattiesburg business insurance. Our Independent Insurance Agents specialize in helping small businesses find affordable commercial insurance options to protect against liability threats, property damage, and even cyber crime.
It only takes a moment for a customer to slip and fall, but the consequences can last forever. If you get hit with a liability lawsuit, it could ruin your small business. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60 percent of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30 percent said they felt least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure you’re prepared by investing in general liability coverage for your Hattiesburg business.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71 percent of product liability awards by the courts amounted to $1 million or more. If you were sued because of a defective product, would you be prepared to pay out this kind of settlement? If not, you need product liability insurance. This insurance bears the burden of lawsuit, pays for your legal defense and covers the costs if one of your products causes physical injury or property damage to a customer.
- E&O/Professional Liability: If your company doesn’t sell physical products, you should turn your attention to E&O liability coverage, short for “errors and omissions.” This coverage option protects you against claims of negligence or libel and shelters you from expensive lawsuits. If a customer alleges that your advice or services were detrimental in some way, you could be held responsible. Make sure your company’s assets are protected with professional liability insurance for your Hattiesburg business.
Business Interruption Insurance for Hattiesburg Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Mississippi gross state product: 1.6%
- The recent GSP was 0.6% lower than the recent GDP
Business interruption insurance can literally save a small business from going under after a catastrophic event. For instance, if your commercial space catches fire, you have to shut down for days or even weeks until the building manager makes repairs. In the meantime, you have nowhere to operate your business and you’re losing profit daily. With business interruption insurance, you are compensated for that lost profit so that you can pick up right where you left off and keep chasing your business dreams.
Property Insurance for Hattiesburg Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Hattiesburg has a long history of unpredictable weather patterns. Since 1950, the city has seen 177 tornadoes, with an average of three touching down every year. If one of these tornadoes hits your business, it could do extensive damage. Invest in commercial property insurance so you can access the funds you need to make repairs quickly, minimize profit loss and get back to business as usual.
Workers' Compensation for Hattiesburg Businesses
If one of your employees gets injured on the job, you could be facing some serious medical bills or an expensive lawsuit. Workers' compensation insurance steps in to pay medical bills and lost wages after an employee gets injured at work. This policy also acts as a buffer to protect your Hattiesburg business from lawsuits. In most places, workers' compensation insurance is required. Our Independent Insurance Agents will help you find an affordable workers' comp policy that works for your small-business budget.
Employee Coverages for Hattiesburg Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Mississippi: $332,790
- Ranked 17th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,207/person or $14,053/family
As the cost of health care continues to rise, today’s employees are looking for jobs that offer good benefits, like health insurance and life insurance. Employee coverages can get expensive in Mississippi, but our Independent Insurance Agents can help. Our friendly agents provide quotes on multiple policies so you can compare rates and benefits and find a health insurance plan that will be a good fit for your Hattiesburg small business.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Hattiesburg Businesses
- 2,409 Identity theft complaints in Mississippi in recent years
- Ranked #18 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Cyber crime is a serious threat to small businesses, but only 22 percent of today’s small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber attacks. If a hacker cleans out your commercial bank account, will you be able to continue operations? Even if your bank eventually reverses the charges, it could take weeks before the issue is resolved. How will you continue operating your business in the meantime? Cyber crime coverage steps in to give you an automatic response plan, and it protects your company’s assets from data breaches and cyber attacks.
Our Independent Insurance Agents make it easy to find the best coverage options for your Hattiesburg small business. Our friendly agents will walk you through the choices and help you build a customized plan that is right for your company. Our Independent Insurance Agents have the unique advantage of quoting from multiple providers so you can get all of your options and rates from one agent. This makes it easier than ever to find reliable Hattiesburg commercial insurance at a price you can afford.
Contact an agent today to get your free quote on business insurance in Hattiesburg.