With over 25,000 residents, Clinton is home to 9,000 homeowners. Many are drawn to this suburb of Jackson because it has been rated as one of the most well-educated cities in the nation. If you have a house in Clinton, then you should heavily consider purchasing a homeowners insurance policy to protect your investment.
Let an independent insurance agent assist you in finding the best coverage for your Clinton home. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more and to start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Clinton, MS?
Residents in Mississippi pay more for their homeowners insurance on average than those in other states. In Clinton, the rates tend to lean even higher than the state's average. Yearly averages for this policy look like this:
- National average: $1,211
- Mississippi average: $1,537
- Clinton average: $1,837
Your actual rate in Clinton may be higher or lower than this average. Home insurance rates are formulated on a case-by-case basis depending on your home (condo, single-family house, manufactured home). Each insurance company has its own way of calculating rates. It’s a good idea to request rates from a few different providers. Your cost for coverage will be based on factors like:
- The amount of coverage you are purchasing
- Your credit score and claims history
- The size, age, building materials, and value of your home
- Crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
What Kinds of Damage does Clinton, MS, Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Disaster Events in Clinton
- Number of recorded disasters in Mississippi since 1953: 83
- Number of tornadoes in Mississippi per year: 43
- Most common cause of disasters: Severe Storm
- Amount of property damage in Mississippi: $212,070,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
It is important for Clinton residents to invest in a policy for your property. It will end up saving you huge financial costs that occur after a disaster.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Burglary Rate in Clinton
The burglary rate in Mississippi usually leans higher than the national average. Luckily, Clinton tends to be much lower than the state and national average.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 3.76
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Mississippi: 6.98
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Clinton: 2.58
While the risk of burglary in this city is quite low, if your house is broken into, your homeowners insurance can reimburse you for your losses as well as any damage the burglar may have caused.
If you own any valuable possessions, you may need to add special endorsements to your homeowners insurance policy. This is to ensure that they will be fully covered in the event of a burglary.
What about Flood Damage in Clinton, MS?
Residents in Clinton have seen how quickly storms can bring in flash flooding. This year alone, flooding has occurred over a handful of times and structures were damaged. Unfortunately, your homeowner insurance will not provide coverage for damage from floods. To make sure you are covered, you will need a separate flood insurance policy that will cover things like:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances like your refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher
- Debris removal
With floods common for Clinton residents, it is important to get covered sooner rather than later. Flood insurance can take up to 30 days to go into effect, so don’t wait for flooding to be imminent.
Do Clinton, MS, Homeowners Need Liability Protection?
One of the most important section of your homeowners insurance policy is the homeowners liability. This policy is created to cover court costs, legal defense fees, and financial damages if you are held liable.
Examples of times that this insurance provides coverage include:
- If your pets or children cause injuries or property damage to others
- If you accidentally injure someone while you are away from home, like in a basketball game
- If someone is injured on your property and it can be blamed on negligence on your part
Accidents happen, and sometimes these errors in judgment lead to third-party injuries. If you are to blame, you’ll be expected to cover the cost. With homeowners insurance, you will be protected.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Clinton, MS?
Independent insurance agents understand the risks you face as a homeowner in Clinton. These agents will make it easy to find the best coverage option available for you. They contact insurance companies and do the comparison shopping for you. Find an insurance agent near Clinton to get started.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.