With a small population of 5,308 residents, Pass Christian, Mississippi, has a small-town charm. This tiny city is known for its seafood and slower pace, making it a true gem.
If you own a house in this history-rich town, then you may need some homeowners insurance. At TrustedChoice.com, a local independent insurance agent can help with coverage and pricing for your Pass Christian oasis.
Is Pass Christian, MS, Safe?
Pass Christian is arguably one of the safest towns in the South. In part, it's due to the size of the actual city itself and the residents who reside there. Pass Christian has an involved community that plays a role in making the town safer.
The number of burglaries per 1,000 homes:
- National average - 4.69
- Mississippi average - 7.81
- Pass Christian average - 0.39
You can see that Pass Christian is well below the national and state average for burglaries. If you're looking for a family-friendly place to live, this is it.
How your homeowners insurance is affected by crime rate:
- Higher crime rate: If you live in a city with a higher crime rate, then your insurance will respond accordingly. The carriers will charge you additional premium because the chances of reporting a claim are higher.
- Lower crime rate: If you live in Pass Christian, MS, for example, your crime rate is really low. This bodes well for your insurance rates. The carriers will reward you with lower premiums because you are less likely to file a crime-related claim.
Common Home Insurance Claims in Pass Christian, MS
Pass Christian is right on the peninsula into the Mississippi Sound and the Gulf of Mexico. This small town located so close to the coast has some big natural disasters.
Most common natural disasters in Pass Christian, MS:
This town's biggest threat is hurricane season. If your home is located in Pass Christian, check with your independent agent to make sure you are adequately covered for hurricane-related claims.
Flood Insurance in Pass Christian, MS
The second-largest natural disaster threat is flooding. Contrary to popular belief, flooding is not covered in your primary homeowners policy. A separate flood insurance policy is needed.
An independent insurance agent can take you through the following steps to make sure you're protected.
Flood insurance steps:
1.) Have an independent agent obtain your home's elevation certificate. This will determine what flood zone your property is located in.
3.) Purchase flood insurance from your independent agent.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does Your Pass Christian, MS, Home Need Liability Coverage?
That depends on if you want to be covered appropriately. Every homeowners insurance policy comes with a limit of liability. Liability insurance protects you and your household members from a lawsuit if damage is caused to another person or property.
Most homeowners want this coverage, and the majority of carriers require this coverage to insure your home.
What's the Price of Homeowners Insurance in Pass Christian, MS?
What's reasonable for some may be unreasonable for others. Insurance premiums can be relative to the consumer. That is why it's a good idea to know what national and statewide insurance premiums are in addition to the town rates.
Homeowners insurance premium averages:
- National average: $1,173
- Mississippi average: $1,508
- Pass Christian average: $1,165
Pass Christian comes in lower than the national average and lower than the state average. There is a lot that goes into determining your insurance premiums. It would help if you had an idea of what the carriers are looking for in a risk candidate.
What insurance companies use to determine premiums:
- Location: Where you are located has a lot to do with your insurance premiums. If your city has more exposure to natural disasters or is close to a water body, you will be looking at higher pricing.
- Crime rates: How safe your community is will also play a part in rates. The safer it is, the better your insurance premiums will be.
- Insurance score: Your insurance score is a number the carriers go by to determine if you pay your bills on time and are a reliable risk. The better your score, the lower your rates.
- Loss history: If you've ever filed an insurance claim, it follows you. Similar to your motor vehicle reports or credit score, your insurance claims keep a record. The more claims, the more the carrier charges.
Find a Local Agent in Pass Christian, MS
If you're on the hunt for better coverage and lower insurance rates, an agent can help. An independent agent has access to dozens of carriers, offering you options on coverage and price. Connect with a local Pass Christian agent today on TrustedChoice.com.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Candace Jenkins
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
V home insurance
The City of Pass Christian