Winding your way down the Natchez Trace Parkway in the fall is a feast for your eyes when you're on your bike. Motorcycles allow you to take in the sights and sounds of the open road, but sometimes accidents happen. If they do, you need to be covered. Mississippi motorcycle insurance protects you from the liabilities and hazards of the road so you can enjoy your journey.
An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you compare Mississippi motorcycle quotes from several different insurance companies and find the best fit for your needs and budget. Find a local member agent in your area for personalized assistance today.
How Mississippi Motorcycle Insurance Protects You
Motorcycle insurance is similar to auto insurance in the type of coverage available to protect you from risks and financial challenges. Your Mississippi motorcycle insurance policy will provide a range of protection, including.
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: Covers you if you are responsible for an accident that harms another person or damages another person's property.
- Collision coverage: Covers you in the event of a collision with other objects, excluding animals.
- Comprehensive: Also called "other than collision," this coverage insures you against damage to your bike not caused by an accident. For example, it will cover vandalism and weather-related damage, such as hail, and will cover your bike if it is stolen.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists: This coverage protects you if you are in an accident caused by someone who doesn't have insurance or doesn't have high enough coverage limits to pay for your property damage or loss.
Mississippi Minimum Insurance Requirements
Mississippi requires all motorcyclists to wear approved helmets and to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. The following are the minimum coverage limits:
- $25,000 per accident for one person
- $50,000 per accident for more than one person
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
Although these amounts are legally required, most insurance professionals recommend carrying higher limits to more fully protect you against liability risks. A Trusted Choice member agent can help you determine the right coverage amounts for you based on your specific situation.
What Does Mississippi Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
The price of your MS motorcycle insurance coverage will be based on factors such as your bike's value and your motorcycle driving experience.
Some additional factors that will affect the cost of your policy include:
- Location: Where do you live? Where do you ride? High crime areas or high population areas are more risky than rural and low population areas.
- Frequency: How much do you ride? The more you ride, the more your chances of having an accident can increase, although you may qualify for lower rates if you are a weekender or a seasonal rider.
- Motorcycle type: What kind of motorcycle do you have? Sports bikes, dirt bikes, choppers, cruisers, touring bikes, and other models all have different values and risk profiles.
- Customizations: Have you customized your bike? Certain accessories or add-ons like custom frames can add value or risk to your motorcycle. Added value or risk can increase your insurance costs.
- Age: How old are you? Most insurance companies have detailed risk assessments for different age groups and price their policies accordingly.
There are many factors to consider, but a knowledgeable Trusted Choice member agent can help. These agents can help you compare several Mississippi motorcycle insurance quotes and find an affordably-priced policy based on your specific needs and budget.
Find the Motorcycle Insurance That Fits You
Before you take to the road on your next adventure, get Mississippi motorcycle insurance quotes from an experienced independent Trusted Choice member agent. Your agent knows the ins and outs of all the available motorcycle coverage options.
Contact a member agent today for help with your Mississippi motorcycle insurance. Your agent can compare insurance companies and policies to find you the policy that fits your needs.