St, Joseph, MO, has roughly 74,875 residents who call it home, and some are business owners. When you need coverage for your operation, there are several policies you can obtain. Business insurance protection can be found through a trusted adviser.
An independent insurance agent will be able to review your policies and make recommendations at no cost to you. They work with multiple carriers so that you get the best options around. Get connected with a local expert in minutes.
What Is Business Insurance?
Business insurance in St. Joseph, MO, is necessary if you want to avoid financial ruin. At any moment, there is a chance that your operation could have a loss that wipes you out completely. Commercial insurance will protect all the what-ifs. Check out the primary areas your business insurance can provide coverage for.
- Commercial auto
What Does Business Insurance Cover in St. Joseph, MO?
In St. Joseph, your business insurance should be top of mind if you want to have protection. In 2019, Missouri had $7,615,718,000 in commercial insurance claims paid alone. If you have adequate coverage for a loss, you won't have to worry about what could happen instead of focusing on your operation. Take a look at some standard policy options.
- General liability insurance: Pays for bodily injury or property damage claims where you and your employees are responsible.
- Business interruption: This will pay for regular business expenses when you are temporarily shut down due to a covered loss.
- Commercial property insurance: Pays for building, equipment, and inventory damage from a covered loss.
- Crime insurance: Pays for a claim involving forgery, fraud, or theft to your company.
- Commercial auto insurance: Pays for an auto accident involving a company vehicle.
- Workers' compensation insurance: Pays for an employee's medical expenses resulting from an injury or illness on the job.
- Professional liability insurance: Pays for negligence, personal injury, and consulting lawsuits of a client.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in St. Joseph, MO?
Every operation will have coverage that is specific to them, which makes premiums unique. In Missouri, there are approximately 532,277 small businesses. Your commercial insurance costs will vary depending on many risk factors. Check out the criteria carriers review when deciding your pricing.
- Loss history
- Insurance score
- Assets and their values
- Type of industry
- Number of employees
- Own or rent your building
- Square footage
- Cyber risk
- Precautions taken
- Safety meetings that occur
- Surveillance implemented
- Year of experience
- Gross annual revenue
- Gross annual payroll
How Property Insurance Protects MO Businesses
If you own business property in St. Joseph, MO, you will need a commercial property policy. There are many ways you can insure your assets, depending on what they are exactly. Take a look at what is insured under a commercial property policy in Missouri.
- Commercial equipment: This can be anything from machinery to forklifts. Coverage will be either an actual cash value or replacement cost. A deductible usually applies.
- Commercial structure: This covers the actual building you own up to the dwelling amount listed. A replacement cost estimator is used to determine how much your building is to replace or repair. Coverage can be on an actual cash value, replacement cost, or depreciated value.
- Commercial belongings: This will cover any business belongings, such as furniture, office supplies, and more. It will either be in replacement cost, actual cash value, or depreciated value.
Natural disasters are a way of life no matter which state or city you are located in. Your business could have a major setback if a catastrophe causes damage. Without the proper insurance in place, you could be closed for good. Review your policies for sufficiency before it's too late. In the meantime, take a look at the expected losses in St. Joseph, MO.
- The number of natural disasters in St. Joseph, MO: 25
- Major disasters declared in St. Joseph, MO: 16
- Emergencies declared in St. Joseph, MO: 6
Causes of natural disasters in St. Joseph, MO
- Floods: 16
- Storms: 13
- Tornadoes: 6
- Winter storms: 5
- Winds: 2
- Drought: 1
- Heavy rain: 1
- Hurricane: 1
- Ice storm: 1
- Snowstorm: 1
- Other: 1
Workers' compensation insurance is required in almost all states. St. Joseph, MO, is no exception. Here you are mandated to carry coverage with five employees or more. If you work in the construction business, then you need to have workers' compensation with one employee or more. Check out how it works.
- Workers' compensation insurance: Will pay for the medical expenses of an injured or ill employee who was hurt on the job due to doing their job. It can also pay for disability insurance and even a death benefit if the worst should happen.
How a Local Agent Can Help Find Insurance
In St. Joseph, MO, business insurance can be tricky if you're not a licensed professional. There are many policy options on the market, and it can be confusing to know what's necessary. If you review your policies with a trusted adviser, you can rest assured.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the right coverage for an affordable price. Since they work with multiple carriers at once, you'll save big on insurance for your business. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com and get started today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.