Death can be a difficult topic - especially when it's about yourself or your loved ones. But knowing what to do after someone dies is an important part of being a family. Making sure that your family knows what to do, and has enough funds to continue in case you pass away prematurely, can make your passing less traumatic. There are many different types of life insurance offered in Montana, so it's important to figure out which one is right for you before you purchase.
Life Statistics in Montana
- The average life span of a Montana resident is 78.35 years, which is only slightly lower than the national average.
- Coronary disease is the #1 killer in Montana, with lung disease as #2.
- The average physical activity level is 55.4%, which is over 4 points higher than the national average.
- The motor vehicle death rate in Montana is over twice the national average, and the second in the nation.
No matter the cause, an unexpected death can impact everyone in your family. However, having a life insurance policy in place can help your family carry on and put you to rest without having to worry about future bills or the cost of your funeral.
What Types of Life Insurance Are Available in Montana?
When it comes to life insurance policies, insurance companies know that a one-size-fits-all policy won't work so there are many different types of insurance policies to choose from. Below is a list of the most common types:
- Term life policy: This is a policy purchased for a specified period of time, such as one year, five years, 15 years, 30 years, or a term to a specified age. While the most common policy term is 20 years, most insurance companies don't offer life insurance for policy that ends after one's 80th birthday.
- Permanent life insurance: This is a permanent policy, that lasts until your death. This coverage, also called whole life insurance, remits a death benefit to your chosen beneficiaries. There are three major types of permanent life insurance: traditional whole life, universal life and variable universal life, and there are variations within each type.
There are many other types of policies available, so you'll need to speak to an insurance agent to find out which type of policy is best for you.
What Other Coverages Are Available in Montana?
Below is a list of some supplementary coverages that you might want to consider:
- Cancer life insurance
- High risk life insurance
- No medical exam life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Funeral and burial insurance
These are just a few of the most common types of additional insurance available. It's a wise idea to talk to an agent in order to get a better idea of which coverages are suited to you.
How Much Is a Life Insurance Policy Quote in MT?
The price of a life insurance policy varies greatly depending on many factors. When you decide to begin shopping online or in person for a life insurance policy, make sure to be aware of the following:
- Your age
- Your location
- Your employer/scope of employment
- Your driving record
- History of substance abuse
- Current alcohol/drug/tobacco use
- Past or present medical issues
- Past surgeries
- Known health conditions
All of these factors, plus many more, will be used to give you a life insurance quote. You will also need a medical exam, unless you choose a no medical exam policy.
How to Save on Life Insurance in MT
There are many ways to save money on life insurance, such as discounts, modifying your policy, or improving your health. Below is a list of proven ways to help you save on your life insurance premiums:
- Military discount
- Educator discount
- Multi-policy discount
- Lower your blood pressure
- Lose weight
- Quit smoking
- Don't buy online
- Take the medical exam
- Choose a shorter term
Each insurance company offers different incentives and discounts, so you may qualify for more discounts at one insurance company than at another. That is why shopping around is so important.
Finding the Right Life Insurance Policy
Life insurance can be tough to figure out. From confusing wording to unfamiliar terms, many see life insurance as a huge task. Trusted Choice® agents can help you sift through life insurance jargon and make sure you're getting the best coverage at the right price. Trusted Choice agents are always available to help you discuss coverage options, suggest discounts, or even help you modify your current policy.