Located along the Big Blue River and surrounded by agriculture, the city of Beatrice is the county seat of Nebraska’s Gage County. The 12,000 residents of this small city enjoy the affordable housing and close-knit community that Beatrice offers. If you own a house here, you will want to be sure to protect your investment with a suitable homeowners insurance policy.
When you are looking for the best insurance policy for your home, a local independent insurance agent can help. Contact an insurance agent in or near Beatrice to learn more and to start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes.
What Kinds of Damage Does Beatrice Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Your homeowners insurance is designed to cover you against many of the risks you face as a property owner in Beatrice.
- Number of federally declared disasters in Nebraska since 1953: 60
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe Storms
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Nebraska: 54.6
- Average amount paid in home insurance claims per year in NE: $698.6 million
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Your property coverage is divided into two parts: structural (dwelling) and personal property (contents). Each is designed to provide coverage against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a homeowner in Beatrice. A local insurance agent can help you review your property coverage limits so you can be sure that they are sufficient.
As a resident of Beatrice, you are most at risk for property damage caused by severe storms, tornadoes, hail, freezing temperatures, and heavy winds. This coverage also pays for damage caused by many accidental incidents such as an out-of-control kitchen fire.
Flood damage also poses a risk to property owners in this city, especially for residents close to the Big Blue River and Indian Creek. However, flood damage is specifically excluded from home insurance coverage. If your house is at risk, your local insurance agent can help you secure a supplementary flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Why Would Beatrice Homeowners Need Liability Protection?
Your home insurance policy covers more than just your personal property. It can also shield you against financial losses related to a wide range of potential liability claims. Your homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover court costs, legal fees, and damages if you are sued for a covered event. Some examples of times you may need this coverage include:
- If a visitor to your home trips over loose carpeting and is severely injured in the fall
- If your dog gets loose and bites a neighbor as she jogs past your house
- If a diseased tree on your property falls onto your neighbor’s house
- If you are accused of libel or slander after posting a negative review online
In each of these cases, your home insurance policy may cover your associated costs.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Burglary Rate in Beatrice?
The burglary rate in Nebraska is lower than the national average, but in Beatrice, the rate is higher. Residents of this small city report about 65 burglaries in an average year. This can result in increased home insurance rates.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Nebraska: 3.38
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Beatrice: 5.87
By taking precautions such as installing burglar alarms and using deadbolt locks, homeowners can often qualify for discounts on their home insurance policies. Know that in the unfortunate event that your Beatrice home is burglarized, your homeowners insurance can provide you with compensation for your losses. You will need a copy of the police report when you file your claim. Your local insurance agent can assist you throughout the claims process.
What about Insurance for Second Homes and Vacation Homes?
Whether they have a vacation house that they use during holidays or an investment home that they rent to tenants, some residents of Beatrice own more than one house. When the property you are insuring is not your primary residence, there are additional factors that need to be taken into consideration. These factors can influence your rates for coverage and the types of coverage you need.
- Vacation homes are often left vacant for long periods, increasing their risk of structural damage. These homes may need to be covered by vacant home insurance when not in use.
- Second homes that are used as rental properties will typically have low contents coverage needs but have high liability and structural damage risks. Insurance companies typically require these homes to be covered by landlord insurance.
An independent insurance agent can help you understand the coverage needs associated with all of your residential properties and can help you find the best and most affordable policies to cover them.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Beatrice, NE?
The average cost of homeowners insurance in Nebraska is lower than the national average, and in Beatrice, the average rate is even lower. This is good news for area residents who are looking for affordable home coverage.
- National yearly premium average: $1,173
- Nebraska yearly premium average: $1,369
- Beatrice yearly premium average: $1,032
Bear in mind that the rates listed above are just averages. Rates can actually vary significantly from one homeowner to the next. This is because costs are based on a number of considerations, including:
- The age, size, and value of your home, as well as the materials used in its construction
- The crime rate and weather risks in the ZIP code where your house is located
- The amount of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with other policies like car insurance or life insurance
To find out how much coverage will cost for your Beatrice home, you can ask an independent agent to obtain quotes from a variety of reliable insurance providers. Each company has its own method for calculating rates, so comparing quotes lets you choose the policy that provides the best value for your money.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Beatrice, NE?
Independent insurance agents make it easy to find the best homeowners insurance policy. This is because, unlike captive agents, they can work with several different insurers to obtain multiple customized quotes. That way, they can find you the policy that is offered at the most competitive price.
Contact an insurance agent in or near Beatrice to learn more and to begin your search for the right home insurance policy.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.