Henderson, NV, sits at the southern rim of the Las Vegas Valley and is home to the Basic Magnesium Plant, which supplied US forces with magnesium for airplane parts and munitions during WWII. At an elevation of 1,940 feet above sea level, the city is only 7 miles southeast of Las Vegas and residents benefit from warm weather, with an average temperature of just under 70 degrees, low humidity, and extraordinarily little rain.
When temperatures climb in Henderson, particularly during Nevada’s sweltering summers, accidents can happen, and you will want to have a good car insurance policy to cover against them. It does not matter if your car broke down on W. Horizon Ridge Parkway, or you had a major accident on I-215, either one could cost you hundreds of dollars in accident-related financial losses.
By hiring an independent insurance agent, you can shop for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage and financial needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Henderson, NV, to learn more today. You can start comparing custom-made car insurance quotes right away.
What Is the Cost of Car Insurance in Henderson, NV?
The typical cost of car insurance in Nevada is much higher than the national average. However, you might be able to save hundreds each year by taking your time when shopping and comparing rates.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Nevada average annual car insurance cost: $1,802
Insurance prices can differ from one individual to another and takes place because all insurance firms have their own method of determining risk and calculating rates. Below are some factors that the cost of your car insurance quote may be based upon:
- Your credit score and driving record
- The make, model, and year of vehicles being insured
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- The amount of your deductible
- Information about other licensed drivers in your home
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The coverage options included in your policy
If you are bundling your car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance, you may be eligible for significant discounts on your policies. You may also qualify for other discounts, such as if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Let an independent insurance agent help you in comparing rates and finding the discounts you qualify for. They can help you get the car insurance coverage you need at the most economical price.
What Car Insurance Coverage Options Are Available in Henderson, NV?
Virtually all car insurance policies are designed with a combination of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Henderson, NV, your policy must meet or exceed Nevada minimum car insurance coverage requirements. Nevada requires drivers to carry a liability insurance policy.
If you are still making payments on your car, your bank lender will probably require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance. Similarly, if you are leasing your car, the dealer will doubtless expect you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage.
The minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $25,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $50,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $20,000 for damages to property.
Liability insurance reimburses third-party persons for personal injury and/or property damages. Please note that comprehensive or collision insurance does not meet Nevada’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
Following are several car insurance coverage options you might foresee your local independent insurance agent offering you:
- Collision insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lighting, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: (Optional) This option covers other non-covered damage and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing: (Optional) This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: (Optional) This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Speak to your independent insurance agent for assistance in choosing your liability coverage needs.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Henderson, NV?
In the state of Nevada, it is illegal to drive any motor vehicle without proof of insurance or financial responsibility. The driver must maintain proof of continuous insurance throughout the registration period. The penalties for driving without car insurance in Nevada include the following:
- Fines of $500 to $1,200 depending on the length of the lapse, and
- Requirement to file an SR-22 form.
If you are required to maintain an SR-22 filing as a condition of your reinstatement, it must be maintained for three years from the date you reinstate your driver's license.
If at any time during the three-year period you fail to maintain the SR-22 insurance, your driving privilege will be suspended. This may result in starting the three-year requirement again.
There is no statute of limitations on the SR-22 requirement. The continuous three-year requirement begins from the date you reinstate your driver's license regardless of how long you have been in suspension or when you purchased the coverage.
Examples of driver’s license suspensions and revocations are listed as follows:
- Security Deposit: If an accident occurs with more than $750 in damages (personal injury or property damage) and you do not have liability insurance, your driver’s license and vehicle registration plates will be suspended.
- Failure to Maintain Insurance: Suspension or revocation will occur if you are required to provide proof of financial responsibility because of a license suspension or revocation and do not do so, if you are cited by law enforcement and convicted of failure to maintain insurance, or if you have repeated lapses in vehicle liability coverage.
What Is the Auto Theft Rate in Henderson, NV?
The 2018 crime rate in Henderson, NV is 163, which is 1.7 times smaller than the US average. In the last 5 years, Henderson has seen increasing violent crime and a decline in property crime.
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- NV auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 392.3
- Henderson auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 220
Though the risk of someone taking your car is a bit lower in Henderson, it is important to remember you can only be reimbursed for a car theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage. This optional coverage can also include a considerable array of non-accident related damages such as floods, structure fires, and dust storms.
If you are leasing your car or still making payments, then hopefully you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Henderson, NV?
Independent insurance agents can be helpful when searching for the best car insurance policy to meet your needs. These insurance professionals can explain your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and help you evaluate offerings from multiple insurance firms.
Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent with an office near Henderson, NV, to start comparing custom-made car insurance quotes in moments.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.