Berlin, NH, has roughly 10,122 residents who may be using the roadways at any given time. If you're one of them, car insurance is not only necessary, but some coverage is required. To ensure you're obtaining the best protection, check out Berlin, NH, car insurance.
Fortunately, a Berlin, NH, independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers so that you have options. They'll even do the shopping for free, making it easy. Get connected with a local expert for tailored quotes in no time.
What Is Car Insurance?
Only some coverage is required in Berlin, NH, which means you're not mandated to carry the rest. However, that doesn't mean it's not absolutely necessary. Check out which limit of liability is governed by state law below.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage: This coverage supplies bodily injury and property damage protection to you when you're involved in an accident with another uninsured or underinsured party. Minimum limits start at $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
If you want liability insurance for an accident creating bodily injury or property damage, you have to obtain it independently. The state does not require it, which means you could be at high risk while driving.
What Does Car Insurance Cover in Berlin, NH?
It's good to know your options when you need more than just uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage. Numerous policy choices make sense to have. Check out what they are in Berlin, NH.
- Liability coverage: This is the primary coverage on any auto policy and pays for a lawsuit arising out of bodily injury and property damage to another.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Berlin, NH?
The cost of your car insurance will be different from everyone else's. This is because carriers rate coverage based on your individual risk factors. Check out rating criteria the companies use below in Berlin, NH.
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Number of Uninsured Motorists in New Hampshire
In Berlin, NH, the only coverage you must carry is uninsured/underinsured motorists insurance. This means when you're not at fault, but the other party doesn't have proper protection, you won't be left to pay for it out of pocket. Let's look at the facts.
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- New Hampshire average of uninsured drivers: 9.9%
Vehicle Thefts in Berlin, New Hampshire
The more local crime in a city, the worst your insurance premiums will be. Your carrier will use vehicle break-ins and theft to rate your policy. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people.
- National average: 228.9
- New Hampshire average: 64.1
- Berlin average: 29.3
When you're a victim of a crime, the last thing you'll want to worry about is coverage. It's key to have a trusted adviser review your policies for accuracy.
How an Independent Insurance Agent in Berlin, New Hampshire Can Help
When you're shopping for car insurance that protects and is affordable, you're not alone. There are several policies on the market, which makes finding the right one challenging. Instead of doing it on your own, why not get the help of a licensed professional for free.
A Berlin, NH, independent insurance agent has access to a network of carriers so that you're covered. They compare each policy, giving you the best options for a fair price. Connect with a local expert on trustedchoice.com for custom quotes in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.