Brick, New Jersey is a coastal township with over 318 miles of busy roadways. While Brick is considered to be a very safe city, three major state routes and the Garden State Parkway pass through it, creating ample opportunity for car accidents and other car-related dangers. The last thing you want to happen is a car accident. But while you may be the most careful driver around, other drivers are not always so conscientious. Fender benders and major accidents can happen at any time.
If you own a vehicle in Brick or anywhere in New Jersey, you are required to have car insurance. What’s more, a reliable car insurance policy can protect you from facing a large financial burden after a car accident. Car insurance can sometimes be confusing, but a local independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for your needs and budget.
New Jersey Car Insurance Requirements
New Jersey requires every driver to have a minimum amount of auto insurance. Drivers without the required coverage put everyone else on the road in peril. The following are the minimum coverage requirements for New Jersey vehicle owners:
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Required
- Minimum liability limits: 15/30/5; coverage up to $30,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $15,000 for one individual; and $5,000 coverage for property damage
Talk to an independent agent about the importance of purchasing more than the minimum liability insurance required by the state. If you cause an accident where the cost of the damage exceeds your coverage limits, you will have to pay out of pocket for whatever you owe other drivers, and whatever it costs to fix your own car. Car insurance policies with only the minimum coverage can help you pay for minor accidents. If you are in a serious accident, you are likely to be underinsured, and out of luck. An independent agent can help you decide what coverage limits are best for your family. Your agent can also explain how an umbrella policy can further protect your assets.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost in Brick, NJ?
New Jersey is the 10th most expensive state in the nation for car insurance. Shopping around for the best rate and taking advantage of discounts can help you save.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- New Jersey average annual car insurance cost: $1,595
- Brick average annual car insurance cost: $1,385
Car insurance rates are determined on a case-by-case basis, so you may have to pay more or less than the average for drivers in Brick. Some of the factors that insurance companies use to determine how much you should pay include:
- Your age, gender, marital status, driving history, and credit score
- The number of cars and drivers in your household
- Your car’s year, make, and model
- The coverage limits and deductibles you choose
- Whether your policy includes comprehensive and/or collision coverage
- Whether you are bundling your auto insurance with other policies like homeowners insurance or renters insurance
Bundling policies is a great way to earn a discount on your Brick auto insurance. Most insurance companies also offer a variety of other discounts to help you keep costs down. A local independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for your needs and maximize the discounts that you qualify for.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in New Jersey
Driving without insurance is against the law in New Jersey, yet many drivers continue to drive without coverage. New Jersey has a high percentage of uninsured drivers, which makes purchasing uninsured motorist coverage one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%.
- How many New Jersey drivers are uninsured? 14.9%.
Uninsured motorist coverage is required in New Jersey. This valuable coverage enables you to receive immediate reimbursement for your vehicle damage and medical expenses if you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your insurance company will still attempt to recover the costs from the at-fault driver, but you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be compensated, no matter what.
Number of Auto Thefts in New Jersey
The auto theft rate in New Jersey is lower than the national average, and the rate in Brick is a little lower than the state average. This makes it unlikely that your car will be stolen there.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- New Jersey auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.27
- Brick auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.17
Just because your car is relatively safe in Brick does not mean you can ignore this risk. Cars can be stolen just about anywhere, and if thieves steal or vandalize your car, you will need comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for your lost or damaged car. Comprehensive coverage also helps you pay for repairs if falling objects, floods, structure fires, or other hazards cause damage to your car. A local independent agent can help you determine the coverage options that are best for your needs.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent?
Independent insurance agents are a great resource for information and assistance when you are shopping for auto insurance. Your agent can explain your coverage options and pricing and can offer quotes from multiple insurance companies so you can make an informed choice.
Contact a local independent insurance agent to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.