With more than 50,000 residents, Bloomfield Township is a great place to call home. Residents here enjoy lovely parks and recreational facilities, a great transportation system, and strong community values. If you own a house in Bloomfield, you will want to be sure to protect your investment with a comprehensive homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your Bloomfield home. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more, and you can soon start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes from a variety of highly rated insurers.
Why Do Bloomfield Homeowners Need Liability Insurance?
Liability lawsuits can be very expensive. Large financial losses could potentially cause you to lose your home. That is why all home insurance policies include liability coverage.
Homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover the various expenses that you may accrue if you are responsible for damages related to a covered event. Some examples of situations in which this personal liability coverage can protect you include:
- A visitor trips on loose carpeting on your stairway and suffers a serious injury that requires surgery.
- You accidentally injure someone during a friendly game of basketball in Watsessing Park.
- Your child accidentally breaks your neighbor’s picture window while playing ball in the yard.
- Your dog gets loose and bites a jogger.
- A local business sues you for libel or slander because of something you posted on social media.
An independent insurance agent in Bloomfield can explain your homeowners liability coverage in greater detail. If you wish to have higher liability limits than your home insurance provider will allow, your agent can also help you obtain a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to boost all of your liability coverage.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Bloomfield, NJ?
The average cost of home insurance in Bloomfield Township is very close to the average cost in the state and in the nation as a whole.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- New Jersey average yearly premium: $1,149
- Bloomfield average yearly premium: $1,181
Actual home insurance costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis according to a number of different factors such as:
- The size, age, and value of your home
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached home, condo, manufactured home, vacation home, etc.)
- The number of stories in your home and whether or not it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like car insurance
Comparing quotes enables you to choose the homeowners policy that offers you the best coverage at the lowest price. Independent insurance agents in Bloomfield make comparison shopping easy.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does Bloomfield Homeowners Insurance Cover against Catastrophic Events?
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover you against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in Bloomfield Township. This includes everything from accidental kitchen fires to hurricanes. You will want to be sure that your dwelling and contents coverage limits are high enough to enable you to rebuild and replace in the event of a disaster.
Catastrophic Events in New Jersey
- Number of federally declared disasters in New Jersey: 51
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe storms and hurricanes
- Average number of tornadoes per year in New Jersey: 2.0
- Average amount of property damage per year in NJ: $1.08 billion
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
In 2011, Hurricane Irene caused significant flooding in many parts of this township. However, even though homeowners insurance covers against hurricanes, it does not cover the flood damage these storms often cause. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can also help you secure an affordable flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Does Bloomfield Homeowners Insurance Cover Against Burglaries?
The burglary rate in Bloomfield is higher than the state average. However, it is still lower than the national average and has been declining rapidly in recent years. Residents of this township report about 100 burglaries in a typical year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in New Jersey: 2.83
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Bloomfield: 4.03
It can be very stressful to be the victim of a burglary. You may take some comfort in knowing that if your home is broken into, your homeowners insurance can reimburse you for the loss of your belongings and any resultant property damage.
You can take precautionary steps to lower your risk of being targeted by thieves such as putting lights on timers and stopping mail delivery while you are away, making sure all windows and doors are securely locked, and keeping entryways well-lit and unobstructed.
The most effective theft deterrent is a burglar alarm. That’s why many insurance companies offer discounts to policyholders who have home security systems installed in their houses. Learn more about this and other potential discounts by talking to your local insurance agent.
What about Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance?
If you own more than one home, you will need to cover all of your properties with an appropriate home insurance policy. Houses that do not serve as your primary residence often have additional risks that insurance companies will take into consideration. This means that specialized insurance products may be necessary. For example:
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants have higher liability and property damage risks. These houses require the specialized coverage offered by landlord insurance.
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for long periods throughout the year have an increased risk of break-ins and property damage. In this case, vacant home insurance may be required while the house is not in use.
- Vacation houses that are located in areas that have a high risk of floods, earthquakes, or sinkholes will need to have supplementary insurance coverage order to be fully covered since these hazards are not covered by home insurance.
An independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of all your residential properties and can assist you with finding the best and most affordable policies to insure them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Bloomfield?
The easiest way to find a great homeowners policy is by working with an independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so you can be sure that you are getting trustworthy guidance as you shop for the coverage you need for your Bloomfield home.
Independent agents in Bloomfield Township are ready to help. Contact an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized home insurance quotes.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.