With a population of over 200,000, Huntington has grown into a huge metropolis. If you’re a driver in this city that’s part of the New York metropolitan area, it’s a good idea to have a reliable car insurance policy.
As a driver in Huntington, you need car insurance. In order to find the auto insurance that fits your car, lifestyle, and budget, connect with an independent insurance agent. Your agent can help you navigate a wide range of options and requirements to find the policy that fits your need the best.
What Are Your Car Insurance Requirements in Huntington, NY?
As a driver in Huntington, you’re required to carry liability insurance. This will ensure that you’re able to cover the cost of damage to the other party if you get involved in an accident. Two types of liability coverage are included: bodily injury and property damage.
Minimum car insurance requirements:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
- Property damage: $10,000 per accident
- Personal injury protection: $50,000 per accident
Bodily injury and property damage will help cover other injuries involved in an accident, while your personal injury protection will pay for injuries that you sustain from the accident. Purchasing additional coverage may be a good idea, because once the limit is reached, you’re on your own. Connect with an independent agent to find out how much coverage you need.
Uninsured Drivers in Huntington, NY
You are required to have uninsured motorist coverage in Huntington.
- National rate of uninsured drivers: 13%
- New York rate of uninsured drivers: 6.1%
This policy will protect you against drivers who don’t have insurance or are underinsured. Even if you get into a collision with a hit-and-run driver, you’ll be covered. This means you will be reimbursed quickly for the damage. Talk with an agent about uninsured motorist coverage and what it can do for you.
Vehicle Theft in Huntington, NY
The crime rate in your neighborhood will impact the rate for your car insurance.
- National average theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- New York average theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 67.2
Overall, the state has a much lower vehicle theft rate when compared to the US. It’s still a smart investment to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy for coverage when a break-in happens. It will help pay for broken windows, damaged locks, and even assist with replacing your vehicle if it's stolen.
Even with a low crime rate, you should still take preventive measures to keep this from happening. Ways to stop a break-in are to park on well-lit streets, never leave valuables in your car, and lock your vehicle when it's parked in the driveway.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Huntington, NY?
- National average annual car insurance rate: $1,309
- New York average annual car insurance rate: $1,086
Your exact rate will depend on specific factors about you. Your premium may look a lot different from the state average. Insurance companies look at:
- How much coverage you buy
- Your age
- Where you live and park your car
- Your driving record and credit score
- The make, model, and year of your car
You should always shop around before purchasing your car insurance, which is something that an independent agent will do for you. They’re not tied down to one insurer, so they’ll compare rates and get you a competitive price.
Another thing to ask your independent agent about is car insurance discounts. Many insurance companies offer discounts for things like a multi-car policy, anti-theft devices, and even loyalty. Check with an agent to find out if you qualify for any discounts.
Additional Coverage in Huntington, NY
To ensure that you’re financially secure, think about purchasing additional car insurance coverage.
- Roadside assistance: If your car breaks down on the side of the road, this coverage will pay for a tow truck to come and help you out.
- Collision coverage: If you get into an accident with another vehicle or object, such as a fence or a tree, this coverage helps pay to repair or replace your car.
- Medical payments coverage: This helps pay for costs associated with injuries from an accident if you, your passenger, or family members are driving.
Recruit an agent to help you find additional car coverages to save yourself financially when disaster strikes.
Find a Great Huntington, NY Car Insurance Policy
Chat with an independent agent to get the information you need to find the best coverage for your car at a budget-friendly price. They’ll help you understand your options and get you quotes from numerous agencies to find the best policy for you.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.