Greensboro, NC is home to more than 26,000 companies. From the large corporations headquartered here to the many small, privately owned businesses scattered throughout the city, each plays an important role in the local economy. Business insurance protects these companies in times of trouble.
Local independent agents can help you identify all the risks your company faces and can recommend the best and most affordable commercial insurance products to cover against each of them. Find an independent insurance agent near you to learn more and to start comparing business insurance quotes.
Is Business Insurance Required in Greensboro?
Business insurance is not mandatory by law. However, there are cases where some types of coverage you might include in your business insurance policy may be necessary. For instance:
- If you are taking out a business loan, your lender may require you to carry a business insurance policy that includes property coverage until the loan is paid in full.
- If you are a contractor, your clients may require you to show proof of liability coverage before they will hire you for a job.
- If your business owns and operates a vehicle or a fleet of vehicles, you will need to cover them with commercial vehicle insurance.
- If you have at least three employees, you are required by the state of North Carolina to cover them with workers’ compensation insurance.
Even if it is not required, business insurance can prove quite beneficial if your company faces an unexpected hardship like a liability lawsuit, a natural disaster, or a forced closure.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in Greensboro, NC?
The cost of business insurance can vary significantly from one company to the next because rates are based on several factors such as:
- The type of business you own and its expected annual revenue
- The number of workers you employ
- The value of your company’s assets
- Your company’s liability exposures
- The types of coverage you want to include in your business policy package
The only way to find out how much coverage will cost for your Greensboro business is by requesting customized quotes from a few different insurance providers.
Why Compare Business Insurance Quotes in Greensboro?
Every insurance company has its own way of assessing risks and calculating rates. This means that every company you contact for a quote is likely to offer coverage at a different price.
Comparison shopping lets you choose the policy that offers the coverage you want at the most competitive price. Independent insurance agents make comparing policies and quotes easy.
What Does Greensboro Business Insurance Cover?
Business insurance can shield your company from financial losses in three important ways. You can expect your policy to cover your business against:
- Potential liability lawsuits
- Loss of or damage to business-owned property
- Revenue losses caused by certain forced closures
By adding additional commercial insurance policies to your business’s policy package, you can get even more coverage that is tailored to meet your company’s specific coverage needs.
How Does Greensboro Business Insurance Cover against Liability Lawsuits?
Companies of all sizes can wind up on the wrong end of a liability lawsuit. For a small company, the costs associated with legal action against them can be overwhelming.
Business liability insurance products are designed to cover expenses like legal counsel and defense, court costs, settlements, and judgments if your company is sued for a covered event.
All business insurance policies include general liability insurance. This covers against the most common liability risks businesses face. It includes:
- Premises liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries and property damage caused by accidents that occur on your business premises.
- Product liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, and property damage caused by products your company produces or sells.
- Advertising liability insurance: This covers against accusations of marketing errors like copyright infringement and deceptive pricing.
General liability insurance is useful, but it doesn’t cover all potential liability risks. You may therefore want to add other commercial liability products to your business insurance policy package.
Some commercial liability products frequently purchased by businesses in Greensboro include:
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI): This covers your business against accusations of illegal employment practices like discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Cyber liability insurance: This covers your company’s financial obligations to affected individuals if criminals hack into your business’s computer network and access personal, financial, or other sensitive data.
- Pollution liability insurance: This can pay for cleanup costs and damage if an accident or disaster causes toxic substances used, produced, or sold by your company to pollute the environment.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This can cover your business against its increased liability risks if you or one of your employees causes an accident while driving a company vehicle.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This shields your company from potential liability lawsuits by covering your employees’ medical treatments, lost wages, and other losses if they are injured on the job.
This is not a complete list of all the commercial liability insurance products available to your business. An independent insurance agent can help you identify all of your company’s liability exposures and can recommend the right liability insurance products to cover against each of them.
What Kinds of Property Coverage Does Greensboro Business Insurance Offer?
All business insurance policies include commercial property insurance. This insurance is designed to cover repair or replacement costs if your company-owned property is damaged or destroyed by a covered hazard like:
- Property crimes
- Severe weather, including thunderstorms, windstorms, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, and snowstorms
Commercial property insurance only covers your business property when it is on-site, so you may want to supplement it with inland marine insurance. This can cover your company’s portable property whenever it is being transported over land or is located away from your place of business, such as at a job site.
You will want to be certain that your company’s property coverage limits are high to enable your business to fully rebuild, repair, or replace as needed following a disaster.
How Does Business Interruption Insurance Protect Companies in Greensboro?
The good news is that Greensboro has a relatively low risk of weather-related disasters. The hurricane risk here is low and the risk of tornadoes is moderate but still lower than the state and the national average.
However, catastrophic events still occur. For instance, in one recent year, this city declared four disasters. One tornado, two hurricanes, and a snowstorm all affected homes and businesses in this city.
Property damage isn’t the only expensive risk your company can face when disaster strikes. There is also the possibility that you will need to halt business operations for several days or weeks while repairs are made.
Business interruption insurance, which is included in your business insurance policy, is designed to cover this risk. It can provide a continuation of income if your company is forced to temporarily close down because of damage caused by a covered event.
This insurance provides your company with the funds needed to continue paying regular expenses like payroll, taxes, loan payments, and rent until you can resume normal business operations.
What about Insurance Products for Employee Benefits Packages?
With so many policies and options available to you, you may find it beneficial to have guidance from an experienced insurance professional when shopping for coverage. A local independent agent can explain the pros and cons of each of your choices and can help you find suitable, yet reasonably priced, policies.
Your agent can also help you be sure that the group health insurance policy you choose has a network with a wide range of doctors in the Greensboro area.
What Are the Best Business Insurance Companies in Greensboro, NC?
The best business insurance companies in Greensboro, North Carolina are the ones that consistently provide exceptional customer service, reliable coverage, and competitive rates.
Local independent insurance agents have teamed up with some of the area’s top insurance providers so you can be certain that any policies these agents recommend to you are offered by trustworthy insurers.
How Can an Independent Agent in Greensboro Help Me Find the Best Business Insurance?
Independent insurance agents are free to work with multiple insurance companies to find the policies that best fit your company’s coverage and budgetary needs. These agents can combine policies from several different insurance providers in one easy-to-manage business insurance policy package.
Arrange an obligation-free consultation with an independent insurance agent near you for help determining what your company’s specific coverage needs are and to start comparing customized business insurance quotes for policies that meet them.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.