New Bern, NC, has a lot of firsts. It was the first to celebrate George Washington's birthday and the first state capital in North Carolina. The iconic president even visited and danced at the Tryon Palace.
If you're one of the 29,590 residents in this historic town, you'll need adequate auto protection. An independent insurance agent can help you with your policy and premiums. Get connected with a local expert and start saving.
What are the Required Auto Limits in New Bern, NC?
The majority of states regulate auto insurance. If you want to drive in New Bern, NC, you'll need to obtain coverage. Check out the required auto insurance for New Bern, NC:
- A minimum liability of $30,000 per person/$60,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
Another way to have protection is through umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy will provide additional limits of liability when a substantial loss occurs. If your underlying policy gets exhausted, umbrella insurance kicks in.
How to Lower Auto Insurance Costs in New Bern, NC
Companies look at numerous factors when setting your premiums. If you have a great history and personal data, you'll have better pricing. Check out rating factors the carriers use below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your driving record
You can reduce your insurance costs by improving things like your credit score. Local crime will play a part in your premiums and should also be considered. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- North Carolina average: 169.80
- New Bern average: 91.20
If you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company, you'll save big. Carriers will cut premiums by 30% or more when you give them all your business. To have the lowest rates with the best coverage, bundle your policies.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does Your Auto Policy Cover Uber in New Bern, NC?
Personal auto insurance excludes coverage for business operations. If you drive for Uber, you're likely to be without insurance. You can protect yourself and your clients by obtaining the right policy.
Commercial auto insurance will cover a loss for your rideshare service. Since you are performing business duties, you'll need to cover all your exposures. Commercial coverage will insure your risk.
Optional Auto Insurance in New Bern, NC
Your primary auto policy doesn't come standard with additional protection. When you want more than just liability coverage, you'll need to add it. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 6.5% in North Carolina.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision incident like a fire or lightning strike.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
When you get into an accident without the right policy, you could be on the hook for the expense. Financial ruin does occur when you have a claim that insurance can't cover. To avoid a considerable loss, review your policies before it's too late.
Find an Independent Agent in New Bern, NC
To get the best of both worlds, contact an independent insurance agent. They have options for coverage and premium, saving you time and money. Since they work on your behalf for free, it's a no brainer.
When you want a fair price, consult with a professional. TrustedChoice can connect you with a local expert in minutes. You can use the find-an-agent tool at no cost and get matched today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.