Home to approximately 54,000 people, the city of Apex is a suburb of Raleigh, North Carolina. Residents are attracted to this livable city because of its lovely parks, low crime rate, and small town feel. If you are among Apex’s proud property owners, you will want to be sure to protect your investment with a solid homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents can help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your Apex home. Contact an insurance agent near you if you would like to learn more and start comparing customized home insurance quotes from a variety of reliable insurers.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Apex, NC?
The good news is that the average price of homeowners insurance in North Carolina is lower than the national average. In Apex, the average cost is even lower, but that doesn’t mean you don’t still have room for big savings when you comparison shop.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- North Carolina average yearly premium: $1,075
- Apex average yearly premium: $981
The quotes you receive from home insurance providers are likely to be different from the average rate listed above. This is because prices are calculated individually based on a number of factors. Your costs can be influenced by considerations such as:
- The age, size, and value of your house
- Whether the property is your primary residence
- The number of stories in your house and whether or not it has a basement
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The amount of your deductible
In most cases, you can earn significant policy discounts when you bundle your home insurance coverage with another policy like car insurance or business insurance. An independent insurance agent in Apex can help you review all of your insurance coverage to ensure that you are getting all the discounts you are entitled to.
Apex Homeowners Insurance Covers Your Property
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover you against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in Apex. This includes everything from electrical fires to severe weather events.
- Number of declared disasters in North Carolina: 58
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Hurricanes and floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in North Carolina: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in NC: $1,379,438,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
One of the biggest weather risks faced by residents of Apex is that of hurricane damage. While the destruction in this city may not be as bad as in cities that are closer to the coast, it can still be significant. High winds can knock down trees, and hail can damage roofs, gutters, and siding. Homeowners insurance is designed to cover against this hazard.
Be aware, however, that even if your home insurance policy covers against hurricanes, it will not cover the flood damage that often accompanies these storms. Fortunately, your local insurance agent will be aware of this risk and can help you supplement your policy with an affordable flood insurance policy through the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program).
Your agent can also help you review your building and contents coverage limits so you can be sure that you have enough insurance to enable you to rebuild, repair, or replace if necessary.
Home Insurance Covers against Burglaries in Apex
The burglary rate in North Carolina is much higher than the national average, but in Apex the rate is much lower. This is not to say that risk does not exist. Residents of this city report more than 80 burglaries every year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 Homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 Homes in North Carolina: 7.10
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 Homes in Apex: 1.65
Fortunately, your home insurance can reimburse you for loss or damage caused by a burglary, but you will need to cover your deductible first. It is therefore in your best interest to take precautionary steps — like using motion sensitive outdoor lighting and putting a hold on your mail delivery when you are away — in order to reduce your risk of being targeted by burglars.
The most effective theft deterrent is a home security system. That is why most insurance companies offer discounts to policy holders who have installed security systems in their homes. Your insurance agent can provide you with more information and can help you make sure that your most valuable property is properly insured.
Liability Insurance for Apex Homeowners
In addition to covering your property, your home insurance policy also provides you with personal liability insurance. Here are some examples of things your homeowners liability coverage can protect you against:
- Your deck collapses during a party and several guests are seriously injured
- Your child hits a baseball through a neighbor’s window
- Your gate is left open and your dog gets out and bites someone
- You are accused of slander because of something you posted on social media
If you have a lot to lose and want even more coverage than your home insurance policy can provide, a local independent insurance agent can also help you acquire a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Talk to agent to learn more about this important coverage.
What about Insurance for Vacation Homes or Second Homes?
Maybe you own a vacation house along the Carolina coast. Or perhaps you own a second house in nearby Raleigh that you rent out to young families. Whatever the purpose, if you own more than one house, you will need to be sure that all of your residential properties are covered by appropriate home insurance policies.
A house that is not your primary residence will often have a few extra risk factors that insurance companies take into consideration when calculating rates. For example:
- Vacation homes that are often left unoccupied for long periods of time have an increased risk of property damage and burglaries. You may be required to carry vacant home insurance when the property is not in use.
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants have lower content coverage needs but higher liability risks. These properties need the specialized coverage that you can only get with landlord insurance.
Your local independent agent can help you review the insurance needs of all your additional properties and can assist you with finding the best and most reasonably priced policies to cover them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Apex, NC?
The easiest way to find a homeowners insurance policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs is by working with an independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so you can be sure that you are getting the coverage you need at a competitive price.
Independent agents in Apex are ready to help. Find an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized home insurance quotes.