The town of Huntersville, NC, is home to about 57,000 people. Residents are attracted to Huntersville because of its beautiful neighborhoods, low crime rate, lakes, and recreational facilities. If you are among the proud homeowners of this Charlotte suburb, you can protect your investment by purchasing a solid homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents are available to help you find the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your house in Huntersville. Find an insurance agent near you to start comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Huntersville, NC?
The average cost of home insurance in North Carolina is slightly lower than the national rate. In Huntersville, rates tend to be even lower. This is great news for anyone who is shopping for an affordable Huntersville homeowners insurance policy.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- North Carolina average yearly premium: $1,075
- Huntersville average yearly premium: $731
Of course, the amounts you will be quoted by insurance companies are likely to differ from the average rate listed above. This is because costs are calculated individually based on a number of considerations such as:
- The size, age, and value of your house
- Whether or not the property you are insuring is your primary residence
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with another policy like car insurance or business insurance
Every insurance company has its own method for calculating rates. Comparing a variety of quotes enables you to choose the home insurance policy that offers the coverage you want at the best price. Independent agents in Huntersville make comparison shopping easy.
Huntersville Homeowners Insurance Provides Property Coverage
Your homeowners insurance policy is designed to cover against many of the hazards you are likely to face as a property owner in Huntersville, NC. This includes damaging events ranging from accidental fires to severe weather events.
- Number of declared disasters in North Carolina: 58
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Hurricanes and floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in North Carolina: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in NC: $1,379,438,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year.
Residents of Huntersville are most at risk for damages caused by severe storms, hail, lightning, and occasional freezing temperatures. Hurricanes also pose a risk. While the severity of hurricanes in this town may not be as bad as in cities closer to the coast, the heavy winds and downpours they bring can still be significant.
Prolonged heavy rains can also lead to flooding in the area, but home insurance policies specifically exclude flood damage from their coverage. Fortunately, your local independent agent can also help you get flood insurance coverage through the NFIP so that your property is fully protected.
Homeowners in Huntersville Can Have Personal Liability Protection
Your homeowners insurance also includes liability coverage. This personal liability insurance is designed to cover the various expenses (e.g., court costs, legal fees, and damages) that you may accrue if you are sued for a covered event. Some examples of situations in which your homeowners liability insurance can protect you include:
- A visitor to home trips on an uneven walkway and suffers a serious injury.
- Your child or pet is responsible for property damage or an injury to a neighbor.
- You are accused of libel or slander because of something you posted on Facebook.
- You accidentally cause an injury to someone while you are away from home, like if you're playing a friendly game of basketball at the Huntersville Recreation Center.
If you want to have even more liability coverage than your home insurance coverage will allow, your insurance agent can also help you secure a competitively priced umbrella insurance policy. Umbrella insurance is an affordable way to boost all of your liability coverage.
Huntersville Homeowners Insurance Covers against Property Crimes
The burglary rate in North Carolina is much higher than the national average. However, in Huntersville, the rate is much lower. This doesn’t mean that the risk does not exist. Residents of this town report more than 100 burglaries a year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in North Carolina: 7.10
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Huntersville: 1.78
Being the victim of a property crime can be stressful. Fortunately, you can take some comfort in knowing that your home insurance can reimburse you for loss or damage if your house is targeted by burglars.
To file a claim, you will need a detailed list of your lost or damaged items as well as a copy of the police report. Your local insurance agent can provide you with assistance throughout the claims process if needed.
Insurance Coverage for Second Homes and Vacation Homes
Maybe you own a cabin retreat in the Appalachian Mountains. Or perhaps you have invested in a second house that you rent out to students at Central Piedmont Community College. Whatever the purpose, if you own more than one house, you will need to cover all of your properties with appropriate homeowners insurance policies.
A house that is not your primary residence will often have additional risks factors which insurance companies will consider when calculating rates. In some cases, specialized home insurance policies will be necessary. For example:
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for several months out of the year typically have an increased risk of property damage. You may be required to carry vacant home insurance when the home is not in use.
- Second homes that are occupied by tenants have high liability risks but low contents coverage needs. These properties need to be covered by landlord insurance which is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of landlords.
A local independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of any additional properties you may own. These agents can also assist you with finding the best and most reasonably priced insurance policies to cover them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Huntersville, NC?
The easiest way to find a comprehensive, yet affordable, homeowners insurance policy is by working with an independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a specific insurance company, so you can be sure that you are getting trustworthy advice and reliable guidance.
Independent agents in Huntersville are ready to help. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more, and you can start comparing customized home insurance quotes in no time.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.