Salisbury is the county seat of North Carolina’s Rowan County. Residents are attracted to this city because of its small town feel, cultural attractions, and town-owned, high-capacity broadband network. If you own a house in this historic city, you will want to be sure to protect your investment with a reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in Salisbury can help you find reliable, comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Salisbury, NC?
In general, home insurance rates in North Carolina are lower than the national average. In Salisbury, rates tend to be even lower. This is great news for area homeowners who are in the market for an affordable home insurance policy.
- National yearly premium average: $1,173
- North Carolina yearly premium average: $1,075
- Salisbury yearly premium average: $679
Of course, these are just averages. Actual rates are calculated individually according to several factors such as:
- The age, size, value, and other details about your house
- The type of home you are insuring (e.g., single-family detached, multi-family home, mobile home, condo etc.)
- Whether the insured property is your primary residence or a second home
- The crime rate and common weather hazards in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The amount of your deductible
If you bundle your home insurance with other policies such as car insurance or life insurance, you can often get all of your policies at discounted rates. An independent agent in Salisbury can help you find the best policy to meet your coverage and your budgetary needs.
Salisbury Homeowners Insurance Covers Your Property
Your homeowners insurance property coverage is split into two parts. One is designed to cover damages to the structure of your house and other buildings on your property (dwelling insurance), and the other covers the personal property you keep inside your home (contents insurance). Each has its own coverage limits.
Catastrophic Events in North Carolina
- Number of federally declared disasters in North Carolina: 58
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Hurricanes, tropical storms and floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in North Carolina: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in NC: $1,379,438,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
Residents of Salisbury are most like to experience property damage caused by hail, windstorms, lightning, freezing temperatures, property crimes, and accidental fires. You will want to be sure that your coverage limits are high enough to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace damaged items in the event of a catastrophic event.
Talk to your local independent insurance agent to get more information about your homeowners property coverage.
Salisbury Homeowners Insurance Provides Liability Protection
Home insurance policies offer more than just property coverage. They also provide policyholders with liability insurance. This liability protection is designed to cover your court costs, legal fees, damages, and other associated expenses if you are responsible for causing injury or damages to another.
Some examples of times that your homeowners liability insurance might come in handy include:
- If a guest in your home seriously injured in an accident
- If your dog gets loose and bites someone or damages a neighbor’s property
- If your child accidentally breaks a neighbor’s window while playing
- If you are sued for libel or slander because of something you posted on Instagram
- If you accidentally injure someone while away from home, such as while playing tennis at Westside Swim & Racquet
If you want to have even more liability coverage than your home insurance company can provide, umbrella insurance can significantly boost your coverage limits at an affordable price. A local independent insurance agent can help you find an ideal policy.
Salisbury Homeowners Can Get Coverage against Burglary
The burglary rate in North Carolina is higher than the national average. And in Salisbury, the rate is even higher. Residents of this city report approximately 400 burglaries every year.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in North Carolina: 7.10
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Salisbury: 12.25
Because of the high property-crime rate in Salisbury, you may want to consider investing in a home security system. Of the many precautionary steps you can take to lower your risk of a burglary, these systems are among the most effective. Many insurance companies even offer policy discounts to homeowners who have burglar alarms installed in their houses.
If your house is broken into, your homeowners insurance policy can compensate you for you for your losses once your deductible is met. Your insurance agent can help you review your contents coverage limits to ensure that they are high enough to sufficiently cover your most valuable belongings.
What about Vacation Home and Second Home Insurance?
Maybe you own a cabin in the Appalachian Mountains that you use for family getaways. Or perhaps you own a second house that you rent out to students at Catawba College. Whatever your reasons, if you are among the Salisbury residents who own more than one house, your secondary properties need to be covered by the right kinds of insurance.
Sometimes specialized coverage is necessary. For example, vacation homes may need to be covered by vacant home insurance when they are not in use. And houses that are occupied by tenants need to be covered by landlord insurance.
An independent insurance agent can help you review the coverage needs of your secondary properties and can help you find appropriate and affordable home insurance coverage for each of them.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Salisbury, NC?
Independent agents are available to assist you with all of your insurance coverage needs. You can turn to one of these local insurance professionals when you are looking for answers to your insurance-related questions and when you would like help with finding the best and most affordable policies.
Contact an insurance agent with an office in or near Salisbury to learn more. You will soon discover how easy it can be to compare customized, competitively priced homeowners insurance quotes.