As the capital of North Dakota, Bismarck offers its residents an abundance of things to explore. Whether you're going to check out the capital building, sightsee on the Missouri River, or enjoy Sibley Park, it's no wonder why this place is the second-largest city in the state. If you own a home in Bismarck, protecting it with a homeowners insurance policy is a smart investment.
Whether you’ve just moved to the area, or are looking to review your policy, an independent insurance agent can help. They’ll comparison shop for you until you find a policy that fits your budget with the coverage you need. Chat with an independent agent to get started.
How Does Burglary Affect Your Home Insurance in Bismarck, ND?
The number of property crimes in your area will impact the rate of your home insurance policy.
The number of burglaries per 100,000 Homes
- National average: 376.00
- North Dakota average: 358.40
- Bismarck, ND, average: 340.3
The chance of you falling victim to burglary is much lower than other cities across the state. The insurance companies set your premiums based on multiple factors, one being the local crime rate. Because the crime rate in this area is lower, it will help keep your home insurance policy premium rate below average.
Common Home Insurance Claims in Bismarck, ND
Your Bismarck home has many risks due to natural disasters and severe weather. With a top-quality home insurance policy, you’ll be covered.
Common natural disasters in Bismarck, ND
- Severe storms
- Heavy snow
Your home insurance policy will cover you against natural disasters except for damage from floods. For that, you’ll need to purchase an additional flood insurance policy.
Your flood insurance policy will cover things, such as:
- Clothing, furniture, and electronics
- Your home and its foundation
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances
- Debris removal
Connect with an independent agent to help you find the flood policy your home needs. Your flood zone and property line will determine how much coverage your location requires.
Liability Insurance for Your Bismarck, ND, Home
Your home insurance policy will come with limited liability coverage. This policy will protect you and the members of your household from a lawsuit if someone is injured at your home, or even if you cause injury on another property.
Examples of where your liability insurance will come in handy:
- If someone slips and falls on your icy walkway
- If you're playing baseball in the yard and the ball is hit into your neighbor’s window
- If a severe storm brings heavy winds that knock over a tree onto your neighbor’s house
Your liability insurance will protect you and your household up to a certain limit. Once you’ve reached the payment allotment, you’ll become responsible for footing the bill. It may be a good idea to purchase an umbrella insurance policy. This will provide additional liability coverage when a claim gets costly.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost in Bismarck, ND?
- National annual average: $1,211
- North Dakota annual average: $1,253
- Bismarck, ND, annual average: $1,296
Your premium rate is going to be specific to you and your home, so your quote may look higher or lower when compared to your neighbors.
Insurance companies use different calculations to come up with what you’ll pay. They’ll look into things such as:
- Crime rates: The safer your city, the less premium you’ll pay. Because Bismarck’s burglary rate is fairly low, this will help keep your quote lower.
- Location: Your ZIP code plays a big role in what your insurance will cost. If you’re located near a high-traffic area, or water, you can expect to pay more.
- Loss history: The more claims that you’ve filed, the more your carrier will charge.
- Insurance score: This will look into seeing if you're reliable when paying your bill on time. With lower risk, you’ll get a lower rate.
Connect with a Bismarck independent agent to find an affordable home insurance policy today.
How Can You Find Affordable Home Insurance in Bismarck, ND?
If you're looking for high-tier coverage at an affordable price, an independent agent will help you. They work with multiple carriers, comparing prices and coverage until you find one that satisfies what you’re looking for. Connect with an independent agent today to get started on your policy.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.