Cincinnati is an economic and cultural hub in Ohio, and it is the third-largest city in the state, with a population of over 309,000, and nearly 27,000 businesses.
Important industries in Cincinnati include health care, hospitality, and educational services.
Whether you run a small or a large business in Cincinnati, you need comprehensive business insurance to protect your assets and your employees when something goes wrong. A local independent insurance agent can help you compare business insurance quotes in Cincinnati, OH so you can choose the coverage that’s best for you and your employees.
Is Business Insurance Required in Cincinnati, OH?
In general, business insurance is not required in Cincinnati. But if your business owns any vehicles, or if you drive your personal vehicle for business purposes, you are required to purchase commercial auto insurance.
Ohio requires commercial vehicle owners to carry liability coverage up to the following minimum limits:
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $25,000 per accident
Bodily injury liability insurance covers you if you are at fault in an accident and someone other than yourself is injured. Property damage liability insurance covers damage to another person's vehicle or property in an accident that is your fault.
In addition, most employers in Ohio are required to purchase workers’ compensation insurance. It offers coverage for medical expenses and lost wages for workers who are injured on the job, regardless of who is at fault.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Cincinnati, OH?
Business insurance in Cincinnati, OH pays for covered claims so you don’t suffer financial losses when something goes wrong. Depending on your coverage, it can help you pay for property damage, liability claims, and even worker injuries and illnesses.
Business insurance is not a single policy. It’s a set of individual policies that together offer comprehensive coverage for your business. A typical business insurance package in Cincinnati will include:
- Commercial property insurance: Covers damage to a building (the structure) and its contents (computers, office equipment, and furniture, supplies, fixtures, etc.) if they are damaged by a weather event, fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered perils.
- Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance: Protects your business assets from lawsuits. It can protect your business from costs related to bodily injury and property damage claims. It pays for medical expenses, legal costs, and financial settlements or judgments. Your CGL policy even covers costs related to personal injury claims such as libel and slander.
- Business interruption coverage: Protects your earnings if your business is unable to operate because of damage after a fire, hail, wind, equipment breakdown, or some other covered event. If you are forced to close your doors for a period of time to make repairs, this coverage pays for rent, employee salaries, lost income, relocation fees, and more.
- Workers’ compensation insurance: This makes it possible for workers to pay their medical bills and be compensated for lost wages if they are injured at work. Any Ohio employer with one or more full- or part-time employees must purchase workers’ compensation coverage.
- Commercial auto insurance: Required for all business-owned vehicles in Ohio. And if you drive a personal vehicle for work purposes, you should purchase hired and non-owned auto insurance, because personal auto policies usually exclude business use.
Every business is unique, and there is no one-size-fits-all business insurance plan. Your business needs policies and coverage that protect against its unique risk exposures.
How Much Does Business Insurance Cost in Cincinnati, OH?
The cost of business insurance in Cincinnati, OH will vary from company to company, and a lot depends on the policies and insurance companies that you choose.
Several factors influence your Cincinnati business insurance costs, including the following:
- Your gross sales and payroll
- Your number of employees
- The size and physical location of your business
- The value of your physical assets (buildings, vehicles, machines, equipment, inventory, etc.)
- The nature of your business (what do you do?)
- Your prior claims history
Even things like crime and the risk for natural disasters in your city will play a role in what you pay for business insurance. In Ohio, there have been 59 federally declared disasters since 1953. The main risks to commercial property in Ohio include:
- Severe storms and lightning
- Flooding and water damage
- Burglary and property crimes
- Heavy snow
In areas where these occurrences are prevalent, you may pay more to insure your commercial property.
It’s important to work with an independent insurance agent who understands all of the risks that you face, and who can get business insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies in Cincinnati.
Who Are the Best Business Insurance Companies in Cincinnati, OH?
It can be simple to find the best business insurance companies in Cincinnati. A local independent insurance agent can help you get business insurance quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can select the best policy for your needs and budget.
How Can an Independent Insurance Agent Help Me Find the Best Business Insurance in Cincinnati, OH?
Instead of getting an online quote, find an independent insurance agent now, and get a one-on-one consultation and affordable options for the best coverage for your unique needs. Your agent will work with you free of charge, offering you a variety of business insurance quotes in Cincinnati, so you can make the best choice.
What’s more, your agent will be there for you when claim time comes. They know the ins and outs of the process and will make sure your claim is handled appropriately.
Contact an agent today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.