Edmond, OK first started out at the crossroads of Route 66 and the Santa Fe Railroad, and has since grown into the 5th largest city in the state. It has nearly 100,000 residents, and is the embodiment of hometown spirit, drawing thousands of tourists every year. Out-of-town drivers on the roads with the resident population can put you at high risk for an accident. To keep you safe, consider a top-quality car insurance policy.
You’ll find help comparing local insurers to get a good coverage and good deal with an Independent insurance agent. These agents have access to Edmond auto insurance quotes from multiple top-rated companies. Chat with an agent to get started.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Edmond, OK?
- National average cost per year: $1,311
- Oklahoma average cost per year: $1,295
Car insurance rates in Edmond, OK tend to be close to the national average. However, keep in mind that this is only an estimate of how much your policy will cost you. Insurance quotes will take into consideration several factors unique to you, such as the make, model and year of your car, and your driving record.
How to Save Money on Your Edmond,OK Policy
Car insurance discounts are a nice way to lower your premiums. Even with a not-so-great driving record, there will probably be some discounts you qualify for. If you’ve got a good driving record, there will be even more that may apply to you.
Here are some discounts that you may want to investigate:
- Safety discounts: If your insurance carrier believes that you are less likely to get into an accident, like if you have a good driving record, you may be eligible for this discount.
- Bundling discounts: If you buy multiple types of insurance through the same carrier, you may get a deal. This also works if you insure multiple cars on the same policy.
- Loyalty discounts: If you stay with an insurance company for a long time (depending on the carrier).
An independent insurance agent can help you find discounts that work for you. They stay on top of the industry and the latest discounts, so you don’t have to.
Oklahoma Is a “Fault” Car Accident State
If you’re at fault for an accident, you’re also liable for any resulting harm. So the financial responsibility for losses from injuries, lost income, and vehicle damage become your financial burden. If you are at fault, most likely your insurance policy will cover these losses with the right coverage.
How Much Coverage Do You Need in Edmond, OK?
When you’re applying for auto insurance, one of the most important questions to think about is how much coverage is right for you. You’ll want to decide how high you want your deductible to be, the liability limits, and other additional coverages.
The minimum amounts of liability coverage in Edmond are:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
Your liability coverage pays for property damage, medical bills, and other costs for passengers, and drivers who are injured. If your policy limits are reached, you’ll be personally responsible for any leftover financial bills. Its important to remember that your liability coverage won’t cover your own injuries or vehicle damage. So it’s a good idea to purchase additional coverage, such as:
- Collision coverage: This will pay for the repair or replacement of your vehicle if you are in a crash. This policy covers damage in a car accident, whether it was your fault, or not.
- Comprehensive coverage: This is one of the most popular add-ons to a policy. This insurance covers everything that isn’t covered by collision or liability insurance. Comprehensive coverage will protect against theft, flooding, or flying debris.
- Roadside assistance coverage: It is usually just a few extra dollars a month to guarantee that if you need a tow, or a battery jump, you’re covered. This will also cover gas delivery and locksmith services.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What about Uninsured Motorists in Edmond, OK?
- National percentage of uninsured motorists: 13%
- Oklahoma percentage of uninsured motorists: 23.9%
One out of every four drivers in this state doesn’t have car insurance. You are not required to purchase uninsured motorist coverage, but it’s a good idea. This will pay for any expenses related to an accident if you are hit by someone without insurance. It’ll also cover the difference if the other driver doesn’t have enough insurance coverage.
How to Find a Car Insurance Policy in Edmond, OK
An Edmond independent agent can compare multiple policies and quotes from numerous insurance companies for you. They’ll find coverage within your needs and budget to find the one you want. When you’re ready, chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.