Rated as one of the top cities in America to live in, Tulsa has become the second largest city in the state. With Interstate 35 and Interstate 244, Tulsa attracts many out-of-state drivers. That means the roads may be filled with distracted and unfamiliar drivers. As a resident of this metropolis city, it’s a smart idea to invest in a top-quality car insurance policy.
An independent insurance agent can help find you the best policy. They’ll comparison shop for you, so you get an affordable price. Chat with a member to get started.
Do You Need Auto Liability Insurance in Tulsa, OK?
There is a minimum liability insurance policy that you must own for your car insurance in Tulsa.
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death liability
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
If you get into an accident, your liability insurance will cover costs such as medical bills or damage to a vehicle. Your insurance provider will cover the costs of the damage minus your deductible, and up to your covered limit. So, it may be a good idea to purchase additional coverage.
What Additional Coverage Options Do You Have in Tulsa, OK?
There are many options at low costs that you can add on to your car insurance policy in Tulsa. Purchasing a policy will make sure that you and your wallet are covered in case of a collision. Additional coverage options include:
- Comprehensive insurance: When strong winds throw debris at your car, comprehensive insurance will pay for the damage.
- Roadside assistance: If you need a tow or you run out of gas, this insurance has got you covered.
- Medical payments coverage: If you, or your family members, are driving your insured vehicle and get into an accident, this policy will help pay for costs associated with the injuries.
- Ride-hailing insurance: If you drive for a ridesharing company, this extra coverage will help fill in gaps. Whether you are en route or waiting for the passenger, this will protect you.
You can talk with an independent insurance agent about what additional coverage options are best for you. They know the neighborhood and will be able to help you decide.
What about Uninsured Motorists in Tulsa, OK?
Oklahoma has the highest rate of uninsured motorist in the nation. One out of four drivers don’t have car insurance, which adds up to over 600,000 people. By purchasing an uninsured motorist coverage, you’ll be protected if an accident happens with a poor-judgement driver.
This insurance coverage will stand in the shoes of the uninsured at-fault driver. So instead of waiting to be compensated for the damages, this policy will reimburse you for injuries and damages that happen.
Vehicle Theft Rates in Tulsa, OK
- National rate of motor vehicle theft per 1,000: 2.29
- Tulsa rate of motor vehicle theft per 1,000: 8.15
The crime rate in Tulsa is 97.8% higher than the rest of US cities. You have a 1 in 18 chance of falling victim to a property crime such as motor vehicle theft. With such a high crime rate, it is important to make sure that you are protected with a comprehensive car insurance policy.
If become a victim of a stolen vehicle, or your personal property is stolen, your car insurance policy will protect you. You’ll get assistance and reimbursement quickly, so you won’t have to worry.
To keep your car safe from a thief, you should try to park in safe, well-lit areas. Make sure to never leave your car running while unattended, and always lock your car — even when you're home.
How Much Will Your Tulsa, OK, Car Insurance Cost?
Tulsa auto insurance premiums vary greatly from person to person. Insurance companies will look at key factors about you to determine your rate, such as:
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your driving history
- Where you live
- The make and model of your car
- The number of cars and drivers in your household
Because of the high number of uninsured drivers, Tulsa has one of the highest rates in the country. So it’s a good idea to shop around. An independent insurance agent will do this part for you. They’re not tied down to one insurance company, so they can find you an affordable policy.
You may qualify for discounts on your car insurance, like:
- Good driver discount: If your insurance company believes that you are less likely to get into an accident, you may receive a discount to your rate.
- Multi-car discount: If you insure more than one car from the same insurance company, they may give you a discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you stay with an insurance company for a long time, you may be applicable for a discount.
How to Find a Car Insurance Policy in Tulsa, OK
No matter what type of car you have, your driving history, or where you live, an independent insurance agent will find you affordable car insurance. When you’re ready, chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.