With a low crime rate, high performing schools, and affordable housing, there is a reason why Broken Arrow is one of the fastest growing cities in the state. If you have decided to make Broken Arrow your home, it’s a good idea to have top-quality homeowners insurance.
An independent agent makes this process easy. They aren’t stuck to an insurance company, so an agent will do the comparison shopping for you. Whether you want to purchase a new policy, or review your current coverage, and independent insurance agent will help.
How much is home insurance going to cost you in Broken Arrow, OK?
|Broken Arrow, OK Home Value||Average Yearly Homeowners insurance cost|
The chart showcases the average insurance prices for the value of a home. Of course, you quote will be calculated on specific characteristics of you. Insurers will look at elements like:
- Claim record: the frequency of your claim history will translate into higher rates.
- Location of home: Expect to pay a higher premium if you live in an area prone to natural disasters, or a neighborhood with a high crime rate.
- Materials, condition and the age of your home: A home that is old and not well maintained will have a higher rate, than a newer home. Also, if your house is made from flammable materials expect a higher premium.
Broken Arrow Property Crime Rate
- National Burglary average per 1,000 people: 3.76
- Broken Arrow Burglary average per 1,000 people: 2.67
With such a low crime rate, you may think that you don’t need to be worried about property crime, but being prepared for an unforeseen event with a comprehensive homeowners insurance is always a good idea. In the unfortunate event that your property does get broken into, you’ll be reimbursed quickly, which makes it one less thing you have to worry about.
How can you save money on your homeowners insurance in Broken Arrow, OK?
It’s always a good idea to comparison shop before you make your final purchase. An independent insurance agent will do this step for you. They work with multiple insurance companies to make sure that you get an affordable price. They’ll also look into discounts that may apply to you, such as:
- Home security discount: If you have an updated security system in your house, you may qualify for a discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you have stayed with your insurance company for many years, they may give you a discounted rate.
- Maintaining a good credit record: Your credit information may b used to price your policy, so have a good credit history can cut your insurance costs.
- Home renovation: If you update your home’s plumbing, cooling, and heating, you may qualify for a credit on your premium.
What does your Broken Arrow, OK homeowners insurance cover?
Your basic homeowners insurance provides financial protection against loss due to disasters, theft, and accidents. Your homeowners insurance policy should include these types of coverages:
- Coverage for the structure of you home: If your home is damaged or destroyed by a covered disaster, your policy will pay to repair or rebuild.
- Liability protection: If you or other family members cause bodily injury or property damage, this will cover you against lawsuits. This also includes your pets.
- Coverage for your personal belongings: Your policy usually covers up to 50-70% of all furniture and personal belongings that you lost because of an insured event.
- Coverage for additional living expenses: This will pay for the additional costs of living if your house become inhabitable. It includes hotel bills, eating out, and laundry services. This is covered until your home can be lived in again.
This will depend on the value of your home and your possessions. Your policy usually has limits to what it will cover if you have valuable possessions taken. In this unfortunate event, you may want to invest in an additional personal property endorsement insurance to cover the item fully
Something to keep in mind when you are purchasing your coverage, is that you should have enough homeowners insurance to:
- Reimburse your living expenses while you can’t live in your home
- Rebuild your home
- Cover injuries and damage that happen on your property
- Replace your belongings
That way if you are burglarized, you’ll be quickly reimbursed. An independent agent can help guide you through your coverage options. They’ll be able to calculate the right coverage for your valuables.
Is your home covered when flooding happens in Broken Arrow, OK?
Unfortunately, homeowners insurance will not cover damage caused by flooding. Warm weather bring tornadic storms to Broken Arrow every year. This usually results in heavy rain that turns into massive flooding. Indian Springs Country Club has seen how the water can completely damage your home and property.
Purchasing a flood insurance policy in Broken Arrow is a good idea. This coverage will cover the cost to rebuild your home that includes things like:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, and other built-ins)
- Debris removal
How to find affordable homeowners insurance in Broken Arrow, OK?
Your Broken Arrow home is probably your biggest investment, which is why you can’t afford to be underinsured. An independent insurance agent will help you get competitive quotes and answer all your question about coverage. Chat with an agent to get started.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.