Founded in 1901, Lawton has grown into a small metropolitan city. With so much of the city’s history found in museums, festivals, and the culture, it’s no wonder why almost 100,000 people call this place home. If you own a home in Lawton, make sure you protect it with a top-quality homeowners insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in Lawton can help you find a comprehensive, competitively priced, homeowners insurance policy. Chat with an agent near you to get more information and to start customizing your coverage.
How Much Is Your Homeowners Insurance in Lawton, OK, Going to Cost?
Lawton homeowners insurance policies tend to be lower than what other cities in Oklahoma pay because the homes tend to be more affordable.
- National average cost for a home: $281,200
- Oklahoma average cost for a home: $183,704
- Lawton average cost for a home: $162,492
If you have an average Lawton home value, most residents pay around $1,231 to $1,671 a month. This is quite a bit less than the national average of $1,885.
Your homeowners insurance rate will be calculated on a case-by-case basis according to specific factors, such as:
- Claim record: The frequency of your claim history will translate into higher rates.
- Location of home: Expect to pay a higher premium if you live in an area prone to natural disasters, or a neighborhood with a high crime rate.
- Materials, condition, and the age of your home: A home that is old and not well maintained will have a higher rate than a newer home. Also, if your house is made from flammable materials, expect a higher premium.
An independent agent will help sort through different policies to find you an affordable rate. There may even be policy discounts that you qualify for. Talk to agent to find out more.
What Will Home Liability Insurance Cover in Lawton, OK?
Homeowners liability coverage will absorb expenses like court costs, legal fees, and damage when they are dealing with a covered liability lawsuit. As one of the most important components of your policy, it’s important to understand what types of scenarios it will cover.
- If you have a dog that escapes the fence, and bites a neighbor
- While playing baseball in the backyard, and the ball flies over and hits your neighbors window
- A visitor slips and falls and hurts themselves
Your liability coverage has a limit that it will cover, so talk with an agent to make sure that home insurance policy has you fully protected.
Homeowners Insurance Covers against Property Crimes in Lawton, OK
- National average of a burglary crime per 1,000: 3.76
- Lawton average of a burglary crime per 1,000: 11.14
In Lawton, you have a much higher chance of falling victim to a burglary than you do in other cities in Oklahoma. Luckily, your homeowners insurance policy will cover your possessions against theft and vandalism. With a comprehensive policy, if your house is broken into, you’ll quickly be reimbursed for the damage.
There are some preventative measures that can be taken to help. Having an updated alarm system, lighting up your property in the night, and maintaining your lawn may all be things that will assist in keeping the thieves away.
Will Lawton, OK, Homeowners Insurance Cover Your Property?
Catastrophic events in Oklahoma
- Number of federally declared disasters in Oklahoma: 173
- Most common reason for disasters in OK: Tornadoes
- Average number of tornadoes per year: 60
- Average number of claims each year: 1 in 20
An independent agent will help determine what risks you face as a homeowner in Lawton. They know the area and can assist you in deciding in how much protection you need.
Does Your Homeowners Insurance Cover Flooding in Lawton, OK?
Unfortunately, your homeowners insurance will not cover the damage caused by flooding, even if it occurs because of a hurricane. In recent years, Lawton has seen how severe storms drop buckets of rain over the city that leads to flash flooding. Purchasing a flood insurance policy will make sure that you are covered against the damage these storms bring in.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Lawton, OK?
When you are looking for answers about your homeowners insurance policy, trust a local independent insurance agent to help guide you. If you're purchasing a new policy or want to review your current one, they're here to help you find an affordable policy. Set up a one-on-one consultation with an insurance agent in Lawton to learn more.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.