Home to more than 650,000 people, Oklahoma City is a bustling community. This modern metropolis offers cultural diversity, great schools, and hundreds of outdoor recreation activities. It's no wonder that so many people have decided to call this modern frontier home. If you have recently purchased a home or want to review your Oklahoma City homeowners insurance policy, an independent insurance agent can help.
An independent agent can help you buy a new policy or review your current home policy. They’ll compare numerous policies to find you an affordable price, with the coverage you want. Chat with an agent today to get started.
What Does Your Oklahoma City, OK Homeowners Insurance Cover?
- Your dwelling: It covers the structure of your home (foundation, walls, and roof). Your policy may also cover additional structures like your garage or deck.
- Personal property protection: This will help pay to repair or replace your belongings if they are damaged or destroyed by covered risks.
- Liability protection: If someone not living with you is injured while on your property, this will help pay for the resulting legal expenses and medical bills.
- Relocation assistance: also known as loss of use, this portion of your policy will help you pay additional living expenses if your house become uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
Keep in mind that your homeowners insurance policy has a coverage limit. You’ll want to consider the value of your home and belongings and how much it will cost to repair or replace them. If you have extremely valuable jewelry or antiques, you may want to purchase extended coverage. This will guarantee that if they are stolen, you will receive full monetary value.
Property Crime in Oklahoma City, OK
- National average burglaries per 1,000 homes: 3.76
- Oklahoma City average burglaries per 1,000 homes: 9.26
You have a 1 in 25 chance of being the victim of a property crime in Oklahoma City. If that happens, it’s important to make sure that your possessions are protected with a top-quality homeowners insurance policy.
How Much Coverage Do You Need for Your Homeowners Insurance in Oklahoma City, OK?
Well, this will depend on the value of your home and possessions. A good rule to follow is to have enough homeowners insurance to:
- Reimburse your living expenses while you can’t live in your home
- Replace your belongings
- Rebuild your home
- Cover injuries and damage that happen on your property
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is Not Covered under Your Homeowners Insurance in Oklahoma City, OK?
Every year, Oklahoma City sees heavy rains that lead to flash flooding, ruining dozens of homes. Unfortunately, your homeowners insurance policy will not cover floods. It may be a good idea to invest in a flood insurance policy to protect against the damage caused by floods.
Your flood policy will cover the cost to rebuild your home, which includes:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, and other built-ins)
- Debris removal
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Oklahoma City, OK?
|Cost of Home||Average Annual Rate|
The national yearly rate is around $1,034, so Oklahoma City runs quite a bit above that average. However, your actual yearly rate for homeowners insurance will depend on variables specific to your home. Things like building materials, the value of your personal belongings, and the overall value of the home will be used to calculate your overall price.
The best thing you can do is comparison shop to find affordable homeowners insurance. An independent insurance agent will do this task for you. They’ll provide several competitive rate quotes for free.
How Can You Save Money on Your Oklahoma City, OK Homeowners Insurance?
Before you take the leap to purchase your homeowners insurance policy, it’s important to shop around. This will guarantee an affordable quote with the coverage you’re looking for. Lucky for you, an independent insurance agent will do this step for you. Some discounts that may work for you are:
- Bundling/ multi-policy discount: If you purchase your home and auto insurance from the same insurer, you may be rewarded with a discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you stay with the same company long enough, they may give you a discount on your policy.
- Monitored burglar system: You may be offered a reduced price if your home is equipped with a monitored security system.
- Being claims-free: If you have gone a certain number of years without filing a home insurance claim, you may receive lower rates. Insurers like it when their customers are low-maintenance.
How Can You Find Affordable Homeowners Insurance in Oklahoma City, OK?
Your home is probably your biggest investment, which is why you can’t afford to be underinsured. An independent insurance agent will help you get competitive quotes and answer all your question about coverage. Chat with an agent to get started.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.