Tulsa is where southern comfort and cosmopolitan style converge, and is also the second largest city in the state. Home to more than 400,000 residents, this city has grown to be a great place to raise a family. If you have recently purchased a home, or just want to review your policy, a top-quality homeowners insurance policy is a smart investment.
An independent agent makes this process easy. They aren’t stuck to an insurance company, so an agent will do the comparison shopping for you. Chat with an independent agent to get started.
How much is home insurance going to cost you in Tulsa, OK?
|Cost of Your Tulsa Home||Average Annual Rate|
The chart showcases the average insurance prices for the value of a home. Of course, you quote will be calculated on specific characteristics of you. Insurers will look at elements like:
- Claim record: the frequency of your claim history will translate into higher rates.
- Location of home: Expect to pay a higher premium if you live in an area prone to natural disasters, or a neighborhood with a high crime rate.
- Materials, condition and the age of your home: A home that is old and not well maintained will have a higher rate, than a newer home. Also, if your house is made from flammable materials expect a higher premium.
Tulsa Property Crime Rate
- National Burglary average per 1,000 people: 3.76
- Tulsa Burglary average per 1,000 people: 12.00
1 in 18 residents in Tulsa have a chance of becoming a victim of a property crime. The rate is four-times more likely than the national average. This statistic may risk your chances of having a higher premium. Luckily, an independent agent knows the area, and can help you find affordable homeowners insurance by comparison shopping for you.
How can you save money on your homeowners insurance in Tulsa, OK?
- Home security discount: If you have an updated security system in your house, you may qualify for a discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you have stayed with your insurance company for many years, they may give you a discounted rate.
- Maintaining a good credit record: Your credit information may b used to price your policy, so have a good credit history can cut your insurance costs.
- Home renovation: If you update your home’s plumbing, cooling, and heating, you may qualify for a credit on your premium.
What does your Tulsa, OK homeowners insurance cover?
Your basic homeowners insurance provides financial protection against loss due to disasters, theft, and accidents. Your homeowners insurance policy should include these types of coverage:
- Coverage for the structure of you home: If your home is damaged or destroyed by a covered disaster, your policy will pay to repair or rebuild.
- Liability protection: If you or other family members cause bodily injury or property damage, this will cover you against lawsuits. This also includes your pets.
- Coverage for your personal belongings: Your policy usually covers up to 50-70% of all furniture and personal belongings that you lost because of an insured event.
- Coverage for additional living expenses: This will pay for the additional costs of living if your house become inhabitable. It includes hotel bills, eating out, and laundry services. This is covered until your home can be lived in again.
How much coverage do you need on your homeowners insurance in Tulsa, OK?
Well, this will depend on the value of your home and your possessions. Your policy usually has dollar limits if you have valuable possessions such as art, that is stolen. In this case, you may want to purchase an additional personal property endorsement insurance to insure the item to is official value.
Something to keep in mind when you are purchasing your coverage is having enough homeowners insurance to:
- Reimburse your living expenses while you can’t live in your home
- Rebuild your home
- Cover injuries and damage that happen on your property
- Replace your belongings
That way if something unfortunate happens, you’ll be quickly reimbursed. An independent agent can help guide you through your coverage options. They’ll be able to calculate the right coverage for your valuables.
Is your home covered when flooding happens in Tulsa, OK?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Tulsa has seen over the years how the Keystone Dam has released water that then floods the Arkansas River damaging residents homes. In this area, flooding is a common hazard, it is important for you to consider purchasing a flood insurance policy to protect your home and valuables.
This coverage will cover the cost to rebuild your home that includes things like:
- Your home and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Kitchen appliances (refrigerator, stove, and other built-ins)
- Debris removal
How to find affordable homeowners insurance in Tulsa, OK
Your home is probably your biggest investment, which is why you can’t afford to be underinsured. An independent insurance agent will help you get competitive quotes and answer all your question about coverage. Chat with an independent insurance agent to get started.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.