Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Eugene is home to more than 155,000 residents, making it the third-largest city in the state. With its huge population and, at times, congested roads, it’s a smart investment to have a car insurance policy to protect yourself financially.
Let an independent insurance agent help you find an affordable policy. Whether you just purchased a new car, or want to review your current policy, they’ll help guide you through the process. Chat with an agent to get started on your top-quality car insurance policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Eugene, OR?
- National average rate: $1,311
- Oregon average rate: $2,182
- Eugene, OR, average rate: $1,379
Eugene has a much lower rate than the state average. Of course, your exact quote will be dependent on specific factors about you. The insurance company will look at:
- Who you are: Gender, age, marital status, ZIP code, number of years you’ve had your license, and your occupation
- Your driving history: Accidents, traffic violations, and credit history
- What and how you drive: The type of car you have, if you own it or finance it, the current value, anti-theft devices, and safety features.
An independent insurance agent will help you find an affordable policy by shopping around. They’ll even look into car discounts that you may qualify for. Things like airbags, anti-theft alarm, and multi-car policies can help you lower your rate. Chat with an agent to get started.
What Car Insurance Is Required in Eugene, OR?
The mandatory minimum amount of liability insurance for your car is:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death of one person in an accident
- $50,000 for total bodily injury or death in an accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
- $15,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
Your liability coverage will pay for the medical bills and property damage caused by the collision you're found at fault for. The amount your insurance policy will pay out has a limit, so it may be a good idea to purchase additional coverage so you’re not stuck with a massive bill.
Additional Car Insurance Options in Eugene, OR
- Comprehensive coverage: If your car gets damaged by hail or a falling tree branch, this coverage will help pay to repair or replace your vehicle.
- Collision coverage: When you get into an accident with another vehicle, this policy will help pay to repair, or even replace your car.
- Gap insurance: This will help pay off your auto loan if your car is totaled or stolen and you owe more than the car is currently worth.
Talk with an agent about other additional coverage that may be beneficial for you. They know the area and understand the risks that you face as a driver in Eugene.
Is It Mandated to Have Uninsured motorist coverage in Eugene, OR?
Yes, as a driver in Eugene you must have uninsured motorist coverage.
- 13% of drivers nationally don’t have car insurance
- 12.7% of drivers in Oregon don’t have car insurance
With such a high percentage of drivers who aren’t covered in the state, it’s probably a good idea that uninsured motorist insurance is mandatory. This will protect you and your vehicle if you find yourself involved in a collision with someone who is not covered or is underinsured. Even if you are injured in a hit-and-run accident, you’ll be covered.
Vehicle Theft Rate in Eugene, OR
Eugene has a lower number of auto thefts than the state's, which helps keep your car insurance premium lower.
- National auto theft rate per 100,000: 228.9
- Oregon auto theft rate per 100,000: 395.1
- Eugene auto theft rate per 100,000: 317.4
Auto thefts in Eugene are still higher than the national average, so it’s important to make sure you're covered. With comprehensive car insurance, you won’t have to worry if your car gets broken into. This policy will cover any broken windows, or locks if someone tries to break in. If your vehicle is stolen, this policy will replace it.
How to Find an Affordable Policy in Eugene, OR
An independent insurance agent will help you find the right policy. They’ll work with numerous insurers to help you find a policy that fits your price range. When you’re ready, chat with an independent agent to find an affordable car insurance policy in Eugene, OR.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.