Oregon’s diverse landscape ranges from rainforest to mountains to barren deserts. Residents in any of the state’s geographical areas will be happy to know that yearly average Oregon homeowners insurance rates are well below the average for the western region, and even further below the US national average.
Averages are interesting to compare, but they may not tell you much about the rate you will need to pay for coverage from a highly rated company. Your local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you compare Oregon home insurance quotes, understand different types of coverage plans, and process claims.
- National yearly premium average: $1,132
- Oregon yearly premium average: $574
- 51st most expensive premium in the US
The average Oregon resident can insure a house and property for a lot less than residents of other states.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Your needs, location, and home value are unique – not average. Learning typical risks and their likelihood in your area may be helpful to you as you understand your policy. The statistics below compare Oregon claims with national totals:
Number of Catastrophe Claims in Oregon and the US
- National number of catastrophes: $5,511,270,000
- Number of catastrophes in Oregon: 38
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Oregon: 1
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Oregon: $3,360,000
Oregon is the target of few catastrophes and almost no tornadoes, and its damage costs are very low. However, these natural threats, and others, can occur unexpectedly anywhere and anytime in the US.
Do everything you can to protect your valuable house and property. Keep your home in good repair by maintaining your roof and windows regularly, and purchase the right home policy to fit your unique needs and location.
Number of Thefts in Oregon
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Oregon number of burglaries: 20,769
Oregon is not a very densely populated state. Thus, the number of burglaries here is well below the national average for burglaries. You can take the following steps to keep your valuable property as secure as possible:
- Install anti-theft and fire alarm systems. Make sure they are powered, well maintained, and turned on.
- Purchase adequate Oregon homeowners insurance. Make sure you are covered from losses that cannot be prevented – it will save you from major financial hardship.
How to Find Oregon Home Insurance Quotes
You could spend weeks gathering data and trying to figure out policy options on your own, but there is another way. Let an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network compare multiple insurers and provide policy suggestions for you.
You value your house and property, so call an independent agent today to keep your investment more secure in the future.