If you own commercial or retail property, business insurance is very important to protect your business from heavy losses. Would you like to add other coverage options to your business insurance policy? Do you want to see what insurance options are available to your business? If you said yes to any of those questions, then you are in the right place.
Building a comprehensive business insurance policy can be confusing, but you are not alone. Independent insurance agents in Pottstown, PA can help you by finding your business’s individual risks and suggesting the appropriate policies to cover against them.
Contact a local independent insurance agent in or near Pottstown, PA to get started today.
How Does Business Property Insurance Protect My Pottstown, PA Business?
Business property insurance protects your business against common losses such as damage, employee injuries, liability, and theft. If your business does not have a suitable amount of insurance coverage and it faces significant property damage, you may have a hard time recovering from the financial losses.
Since all businesses are different they all require different coverage options. Therefore, it is essential that you consider the unique risks your business faces and find ways to reduce them.
Speak with a local independent insurance agent today to discover more about how business property insurance can benefit your Pottstown, PA business.
Does My Pottstown, PA Business Include Liability Insurance?
A valuable part of your business insurance policy is business liability insurance. It is intended to cover your business’s court costs, legal fees, and financial damages in the case of a lawsuit. However, even if you find favor with the court, these legal fees can be costly.
It is also important that you purchase the right kinds of coverage for your business liability insurance. Following are some of the business liability options available to you:
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance coverage is required if your business owns and operates vehicles. It covers your business's added liability risks if one of your employees causes an accident that results in damage to a third party.
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers the cleanup costs and losses if your business is liable for an incident leading to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance option covers monetary losses and liabilities if hackers gain access to your computer systems and take sensitive customer data.
- Product liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party caused by faults in goods your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Premises liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party due to a mishap on your business property.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance option covers claims related to accusations of unlawful employment practices such as breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
By speaking with an independent insurance agent, you can find out more about these and many other business liability coverage options. Your agent can help you find the best business insurance for your Pottstown, PA business needs.
What Other Business Insurance Options are Offered for My Pottstown, PA Business Property?
If your business is located close to waterways, such as the Schuylkill River, you are more at risk for flooding, so business flood insurance would be a really good idea.
In Pottstown, PA, your business property is likely to suffer property losses or damage due to dangers such as the following (in order of occurrence):
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Heavy snow
- Burglary and other property crimes
Almost all of the above threats are covered by your business property insurance, which is a standard part of all business insurance policies. It is designed to include your business-owned property and covers your computers, furniture, inventory, and other merchandise.
At times, you may find it necessary to add specific business insurance options to your business insurance policy. Your independent insurance agent may suggest adding one or more of the following options:
- Flood insurance: Note that business property insurance does not cover flood damage, even if a covered hurricane damages your business property.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This option covers repair or replacement of damaged equipment and any losses related to equipment breakdowns.
- Bailee's insurance: This option covers other people’s property when in your business’s care, such as when you are doing repairs or upkeep on it.
- Inland marine insurance: This option covers your movable business property during transfers or if you store it away from your place of business.
Contact your local independent insurance agent to help you insure all your business properties. Additionally, make sure your business insurance options are sufficient to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace if needed.
Why Should I Buy Business Interruption Insurance in Pottstown, PA?
When a flood or severe storm hits and the damage is extensive, your business may have to temporarily close for an extended period while repairs are being made. Following is data on past declared disasters in Pennsylvania:
- Number of federally declared disasters in PA since 1953: 62
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: flood/26
- Average number of tornadoes in PA per year: 16
If your business has to close for a prolonged period, it can be financially devastating, particularly if you own a small business. Business interruption insurance provides your business with an income extension until you can resume regularly scheduled activities. This allows you to pay normal monthly payments such as utility bills, loan payments, and employee wages while your business is not able to generate an income.
Speak with your local independent insurance agent today to discover more about how business interruption insurance can benefit your Pottstown, PA business.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Does My Pottstown, PA Business Need to Carry Worker's Compensation Insurance?
All Pennsylvania business owners are required to provide a safe working environment for employees to carry out their duties. When accidents happen, even when all safety precautions are taken, employees can get hurt or become ill on the job. When you own a business in Pennsylvania, you must cover your employees’ financial losses if they become ill or get.
Insurance companies base their worker's compensation rates on the types of jobs your employees perform and the probability that they will get hurt or become sick while on the job.
An independent insurance agent can help by taking a look at your expenses and match you with an insurance company that concentrates on covering businesses in your industry.
What about Insurance Options for Employee Benefits Packages?
These days, healthcare coverage can seem unattainable, but if your business offers underwritten health coverage to your employees, it can have beneficial outcomes. Human resources administrators have determined that businesses offering a feasible employee benefits package have a simpler time in recruiting and retaining model employees.
There are numerous health and life insurance options available for you and your employees to choose from, which can make it hard to figure out which of the policies to combine with your employee benefits package.
An independent insurance agent can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each business insurance option so you can make an educated choice.
Why Should I Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Pottstown, PA?
In the insurance market, insurance companies know that every business is unique and that it has its own particular risks. Knowing this, they enable business owners to customize their business insurance options.
Find a TrustedChoice independent insurance agent with an office in or near Pottstown, PA to discover more. You can soon find out how easy it is to build a comprehensive business insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
MHB working GEO Data 2020 1 (1)