From horse tracks to fall festivals, Bensalem, PA, is an entertaining place. This town has sites to see with a historic mansion and deep roots in the American War on Independence.
If you drive the streets of Bensalem, you'll need proper coverage. An independent insurance agent can help find the policy you need for a fair price. Connect with a local expert and start saving today.
Vehicle Thefts and Your Bensalem, PA, Premiums
Many factors impact your car insurance premiums. Local crime and theft are one of them. The safer your city, the better your insurance costs. Take a look at the local theft rates below:
- National average: 228.9
- Pennsylvania average: 102.4
Whether you drive an SUV or a snowmobile, theft will play a part in your premiums. The best way to know how much you'll pay is to get quotes on coverage. A Bensalem independent insurance agent can access several carriers on your behalf.
The Price of Car Coverage in Bensalem, PA
Carriers look at personal data in addition to your vehicle specifications when figuring rates. This will make your policy coverage and price unique. Let's take a look at the rating factors in Bensalem, PA:
- Local weather claims
- Local crime rates
- Your credit score
- Your experience level as a driver
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Household drivers on the policy
- Your claims history
- Year, make, model, and value of the vehicle
- Discounts that you may qualify for
- Coverage you select
Your pricing is customized, meaning comparing with your neighbor may not be beneficial. So, whether you need coverage for a sedan or a trailer, a local adviser can help. Connect with a Bensalem independent agent for details.
Required Auto Insurance in Bensalem, PA
Car insurance requirements in Bensalem, PA:
- A minimum liability limit of $15,000 per person is required
- A minimum liability limit of $30,000 per accident is required
- A minimum liability limit of $5,000 in property damage is required
While the minimum is only mandatory, consider higher limits of liability if you want adequate coverage for a loss. With the average price of a vehicle being over $36,000, the minimum won't be enough. Speak with your Bensalem independent agent on your policy.
Optional Car Insurance in Bensalem, PA
Optional coverage for your car policy is not required but necessary. Like life insurance, it's your decision if you want to be well protected in the event of a loss. Take a look at coverage options for your car insurance:
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle if hit by an unavoidable object.
- Towing coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car when an at-fault crash occurs.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your auto loan and the current value of your vehicle.
- Rental car coverage: This pays for a rental car in the event yours needs to be repaired or replaced.
If additional coverages are important to you, speaking with an adviser will help. They can go over which ones may apply to your situation to understand better what to get. Discuss policy options with a Bensalem independent agent.
Uninsured Motorists Coverage in Bensalem, PA
If you're in an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver, you'll want adequate coverage for your loss. Uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM insurance will help. Take a look at the average percentage of drivers without car insurance:
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania average of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
UM/UIM will protect your finances when the other party can't pay for your expense. This includes medical bills and property damage. Speak with an independent insurance agent about your UM/UIM coverage.
Does Car Insurance Cover a Rideshare Business in Bensalem, PA?
If you drive for Uber or Lyft, you are considered a business operation, and a personal policy excludes coverage. When you have a claim, your car insurance will void any protection.
Your agent will suggest commercial vehicle insurance to have adequate coverage. When you have a rideshare service, you'll need a business policy. Contact a Bensalem independent agent to discuss your commercial insurance.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Bensalem, PA
An independent insurance agent is easy to work with, saving you time and money. They have access to multiple carriers, giving you options on coverage and price.
When you want the best policy in town, a Bensalem independent agent can help. Go to TrustedChoice.com to get connected with a local expert.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.