Bethlehem, PA, is home to two national landmarks, putting this town on the map. With the first pumped municipal water system, Bethlehem is known for innovation.
If you drive a car in this 75,707 resident city, you'll need coverage. To get local rates for an affordable price, use an independent insurance agent. You can connect with a local expert in minutes.
How Vehicle Thefts Affect Your Bethlehem, PA, Premiums
A variety of factors will affect your car insurance costs. Local crime is used by the carriers as well. The safer your city, the less you'll pay on coverage. Take a look at the local theft rates below:
- National average: 228.9
- Pennsylvania average: 102.4
- Bethlehem average: 73.9
Your car insurance can be impacted positively or negatively. Theft rates in Bethlehem are lower compared to the state and national figures. Speak with an independent agent to determine how local crime affects your pricing.
The Price of Auto Coverage in Bethlehem, PA
Your auto policy pricing could be entirely different than someone else's. Insurance companies use several rating factors to determine premiums. Let's take a look at the criteria used in Bethlehem, PA:
- Local weather and catastrophic events
- Discounts that you may qualify for
- Your credit score
- Your claims history
- Your experience level as a driver
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Local crime rates
- Household drivers on the policy
- Year, make, model, and value of the vehicle
- Coverage you select
Insurance pricing isn't just about your car. It's also about personal data and the history of the driver. When you need quotes on budget-friendly coverage, contact an independent agent.
What Insurance Limits Do You Need to Drive in Bethlehem, PA?
When you go without adequate coverage, you open yourself up to a fine or jail time. Each state mandates a level of auto insurance that drivers must carry.
Car Insurance Requirements in Bethlehem, PA:
- A minimum liability limit of $15,000 per person is required
- A minimum liability limit of $30,000 per accident is required
- A minimum liability limit of $5,000 in property damage is required
Minimum coverage is not usually enough to fully insure a loss by today's standards. So, whether you own a fancy sports car or a truck with a trailer, you'll want adequate protection. Speak with a Bethlehem independent agent on your coverage options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Optional Car Insurance in Bethlehem, PA
Liability coverage may not be enough if you want insurance for your vehicles. To protect your assets, consider additional auto coverages. Let's look at what other policy options you have:
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle if hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car when a collision occurs.
- Towing coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your auto loan and the current value of your vehicle.
- Rental car coverage: This pays for a rental car in the event yours needs to be repaired or replaced.
Like umbrella insurance, optional coverages are a choice. While they aren't mandatory, they are often necessary. Speak with your independent agent on your auto policy.
Uninsured Motorists Coverage in Bethlehem, PA
If you're involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, you'll want uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM coverage. This will protect you and your family when a loss occurs. Take a look at the average percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania average of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
UM/UIM insurance will provide medical and property damage coverage on your behalf when an uninsured driver is at fault for a claim. Similar to life insurance, UM/UIM is not a required policy but is essential to have. To know how much coverage you need, discuss UM/UIM insurance with your agent.
Does Your Bethlehem, PA, Car Insurance Cover Rideshare Services?
If you rely on personal auto insurance to cover a business-related claim, speak with your agent. Your auto policy will exclude coverage for any rideshare services such as Uber or Lyft.
The policy that your agent may recommend is commercial vehicle insurance. Since you are making money from transporting passengers, you are considered a business. Speak with your Bethlehem independent agent about commercial insurance today.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Bethlehem, PA
When you work with a Bethlehem independent insurance agent, you get the best coverage and price in town. They have carrier options comparing policies for you.
The quickest way to get an affordable policy is to connect with an independent agent. Go to TrustedChoice.com and get matched in minutes with a local expert.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.