Home to 19,643 residents, Johnstown, PA is known for iron, steel, and coal. It became a giant in the steel industry, manufacturing most of the country's barbed wire.
If you drive these streets of commerce, you'll need the right policy. An independent insurance agent can help you obtain coverage. You can easily get matched with a local expert.
Theft Rates and Your Premiums in Johnstown, PA
The safety of your city is a big deal. No matter where you live, crime can have an impact on your insurance. Let's take a look at the theft rate per 100,000 people:
- National rate: 228.90
- Pennsylvania rate: 102.40
- Johnstown rate: 115.00
Whether you drive a convertible or a snowmobile, theft will cause your costs to increase. Fortunately, Johnstown has a lower theft rate than the national rate, which could be positive for your premiums. Speak with a Johnstown independent agent about your pricing.
Car Insurance Mandates in Johnstown, PA
Most states require specific policies depending on what you're doing. Usually, worker's compensation, health, and car insurance have a state mandate for them. Let's look at the minimum limits required in Johnstown, PA:
- Minimum liability limits of $15,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $30,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $5,000 property damage
Car insurance is required in Johnstown, PA at these state minimum limits. If you lack these coverages, you could be penalized or worse. Get with a Johnstown independent agent to discuss your liability options.
Other Auto Insurance Coverages in Johnstown, PA
In addition to your car's liability insurance, there are other policy options you can obtain. If you want repair and replacement coverage for your vehicle, you'll need to add it. Let's take a look at some optional coverages in Johnstown, PA:
- Towing: Will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
- Comprehensive: Pays for property damage to your car when an unavoidable obstruction collides with it, or it is damaged by a non-collision event such as fire, severe weather, or vandalism.
- Rental car: Pays for a rental vehicle while a covered auto is being repaired due to a loss.
- Gap: Pays for the difference between the remaining balance on your auto loan and the market value of your car in the case of a total loss.
- Collision: Pays for the damage to your vehicle when a collision with another vehicle or property occurs.
Your car insurance is important, and the coverage should be right the first time. When you're shopping for policies, be sure to speak with your adviser on additional coverages. An independent agent can walk you through the options.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How to Get the Right Liability Insurance for Your Johnstown, PA Car
Your car's liability limits will determine how much of a claim is insured. When you have less-than-adequate coverage, you could pay out of pocket for a loss. Take a look at how you can increase liability coverage:
- Raise your current auto policy's liability limit.
- Obtain an umbrella policy to add another level of protection.
Umbrella Insurance Explained:
Umbrella insurance provides another layer of coverage when a substantial loss occurs. It usually starts at $1,000,000 in extra liability insurance when your underlying auto limits have been exhausted. Speak with a Johnstown independent agent to find a policy that fits.
Uninsured Drivers in Johnstown, PA
Drivers without proper insurance could pose a threat to you and your loved ones. Whether you drive a fancy sports car or an ATV, you'll want coverage. Uninsured/underinsured motorist, or UM/UIM, insurance will help protect your finances. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania percentage of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
UM/UIM will pay for your medical expenses and property damage from a loss with an uninsured at-fault driver. While Pennsylvania does not mandate UM/UIM insurance, it's still necessary for adequate protection. Discuss your car policy with a local independent agent.
Find an Independent Insurance Agent in Johnstown, PA
A Johnstown, PA independent insurance agent can help you find the best policy for a low price. They work with dozens of carriers, giving you options on car insurance.
When you're unsure where to start, go to TrustedChoice. They have a whole network of independent agents. You can access a local expert using the find-an-agent tool.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.