Lebanon, PA, is home to a wolf sanctuary and farmers markets. With its low cost of living, you're bound to get a place of value.
If you drive the street of this 25,770 populated town, you'll want car coverage. An independent insurance agent can get the policy you need. You can connect with a local adviser on in minutes.
Lebanon, PA, Theft Rates and Car Insurance
Your car insurance costs will be subject to a variety of risk criteria. The carriers use local crime to determine premiums. Let's take a look at the average theft rate per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Pennsylvania average: 102.4
- Lebanon average: 85.2
Lebanon, PA, beats the state and national figures when it comes to car theft. This can positively affect your pricing when shopping for coverage. If you're trying to cut costs, speak to your independent agent on how the theft rates will impact your premium.
Which Car Insurance Coverage Is Required in Lebanon, PA?
Every state will require some sort of auto liability in order to use the road. Similar to workers' compensation insurance, car coverage is mandated per state. Let's look at the minimum limits of liability required in Lebanon, PA:
- Minimum liability limits of $15,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $30,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $5,000 property damage
Liability is one of the most used coverages on your auto policy. State minimum limits may not be enough to cover a loss. Speak with a Lebanon independent agent about your auto insurance.
Auto Insurance Options in Lebanon, PA
When you need a policy that supplies enough insurance for property damage and vehicle losses, optional coverage may be required. Let's take a look at some additional coverage options in Lebanon, PA:
- Rental car: This will pay for a rental vehicle while a covered auto is being repaired or replaced due to a loss.
- Gap: This pays for the remaining balance on your car loan when there is a difference in value and your car is totaled.
- Comprehensive: This pays for property damage to your car should a collision with an unavoidable object or animal occur.
- Collision: This pays for the damage to your vehicle when a collision with another car or property happens.
- Towing: This will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
Car coverage can come in many different forms and should be discussed with an expert. From ATVs to sports cars, your policy needs to have adequate protection. Discuss these and other options with your Lebanon independent agent.
Additional Liability Insurance in Lebanon, PA
The only state-required coverage in Lebanon, PA, is liability insurance. It is often the most used limit on your auto policy. To be properly protected from a loss, you'll want to make sure coverage is sufficient. Take a look at how you can add liability insurance to your auto policy:
- Increase your current liability limits
- Get an umbrella policy to add another level of protection
Umbrella insurance will supply liability above and beyond your underlying auto policy when a considerable loss occurs. Coverage starts at $1,000,000 and goes up depending on your assets. Talk with your Lebanon independent agent to discuss your coverage options.
Uninsured Drivers in Lebanon, PA
Drivers without insurance are in every city in every state. The only way to protect you and your loved ones is to obtain uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13%
- Pennsylvania percentage of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
Lebanon, PA, does not require UM/UIM insurance, so you'll need to ask your independent agent to add it to your policy.
UM/UIM will pay for your medical expenses and property damage arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Whether you are insuring your RV or a sedan, you'll want this coverage to have adequate protection.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Lebanon, PA
When you work with an independent insurance agent in Lebanon, PA, you get the best of both worlds. They have access to multiple carriers, giving you options on coverage and rates.
An independent agent is a trusted adviser that has your best interests in mind. To get connected with a local expert, go to TrustedChoice.com. They have a find-an-agent resource to get you started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.