The city named "The Best-Run City in America" in the annual ranking of the 100 Largest American Cities by 24/7 Wall St. has thriving technology, finance and manufacturing sectors. This affluent suburb also hosts millions of convention travelers due to its large conference facilities and proximity to Dallas’s large corporate headquarters. Major technology and communication companies such as Dell, HP, Ericsson and Infosys benefit from not only top talent in one of the best cities for young professionals but also from competitive Plano, TX business insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
City Economic Climate Facts
- Plano hosts the headquarters of over 28 major corporations representing the technology, communications, retail, manufacturing and finance sectors, among others.
- Estimated amount of visitors who are business travelers: 80%
- Total number of local business firms: 31,253
- Plano has been selected as one of the wealthiest cities in the United States by CNN Money and has three of the "Top Suburbs to Live Well" according to Forbes.
AT&T’s new Innovation Center in Plano, and the Alcatel-Lucent Innovation Center are examples of this city’s innovative business climate. Other remarkable business initiatives include an experimental luxury Wal-Mart Super Center and award-winning commercial real estate developments. Small businesses in the city are supported by the Collin College Business Development Center as well.
Plano Business Insurance Costs
- Small business professional liability yearly cost estimate: $500 to $2,500
- Small business general liability yearly cost estimate : $500 to $15,000
- Health Insurance estimate: $500/ individual to $12,000/family
Each local business’s insurance costs are unique to that business. Your costs will depend on the specific risks your company faces, company size, and the unique nature of your daily operations. Some needs may be based on protecting your property, but others may depend upon federal, state or local regulations.
Types of Plano Business Insurance
The computer industry is one sector which is working closely with insurance companies in Plano. The development of operating systems and security features, for example, is increasingly influenced by the type of insurance coverage available. Technology companies are also interested in exploring cybercrime insurance to protect their businesses from hackers. Plano's hospitality industry and retailers are also working with insurers to install new security systems in order to protect themselves against higher risks from vandalism and theft, along with lowering insurance costs.
In addition to special industry coverage, the following list includes common business risks to discuss with a member agent:
- Property damage from fire, storms, accidents, and vandalism
- Liability in many forms, including product liability, accident/injury liability, libel, malpractice and professional liability or “errors and omissions”
- Fraud, embezzlement, extortion, or theft
- Cybercrime and data loss
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Group Benefit Insurance
Group Employee Insurance Benefits
In the region known for some of the best jobs available in America, the competition for knowledgeable workers and other valuable skills is growing. Employee benefits are a good way for a growing businesses to attract the right talent. Even if you already offer benefits, it is a good idea to check with your local insurance agent and assess if your benefit package remains competitive and how to improve your company’s plans with better coverage at lower rates.
Plano Commercial Insurance Quotes
It isn't difficult to find companies that offer Plano business insurance, but it may be difficult to figure out which company is the best for your needs. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you assess your business risks, select coverage options, and compare a variety of Plano commercial insurance quotes. The right business policy can save you time. In some cases, it could even save your company from disaster.