Warwick, RI, experiences four distinctive seasons. The bay regulates the climate, making this area of the state slightly warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Hurricanes happen about every 15 years or so, and hail is rare.
When temperatures tumble in Warwick, especially during Rhode Island’s winters, accidents can take place, and you will want a great quality car insurance policy to cover against them. Whether your car was stolen on the US-1 or your car overheated on I-295, either one could hypothetically cost you thousands of dollars in collision-related financial damage.
By hiring independent insurance agents, you can shop for the best car insurance policy to meet your coverage and economic needs. Find an independent insurance agent in Warwick, RI, today to find out more. You can start comparing custom-built car insurance quotes right away.
What Is the Cost of Car Insurance in Warwick, RI?
The standard cost of car insurance in Rhode Island is much higher than the national average. You may well be capable of saving hundreds of dollars each year by taking your time when shopping and evaluating prices for car insurance.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Rhode Island average annual car insurance cost: $2,004
- The make, model, and year of vehicles being insured
- Your credit score and driving record
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Previous coverage
- The amount of liability insurance being obtained
- Information about other licensed drivers in your home
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The coverage options included in your policy
If you are merging your car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance, you may conceivably be eligible for significant discounts on your policies. You may also meet the conditions for other discounts if you have a safe driving record or make good grades in school.
Permit an independent insurance agent to aid you in comparing rates and attaining the discounts you qualify for. They can help you get the car insurance coverage you need at the most economical price.
What Car Insurance Coverage Options are Available in Warwick, RI?
Basically, all car insurance policies are devised with a mixture of mandatory and voluntary car insurance coverage options. As a resident of Warwick, RI, your policy must meet or exceed Rhode Island’s minimum car insurance coverage requirements. Rhode Island requires ALL drivers to carry liability insurance.
If you are still paying for your car, your bank will almost certainly require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance. Likewise, if you're leasing your car, the dealer will most likely expect you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage.
The minimum liability insurance requirements are as follows:
- $25,000 for injury/death to one person
- $50,000 for injury/death to more than one person
- $25,000 for damage to property
Liability insurance pays claimants for personal injury and/or property damage. Please be aware that comprehensive or collision insurance does not meet Rhode Island’s vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
Below are several car insurance coverage options you might expect your local independent insurance agent to offer you:
- Collision insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: (Partially optional) This option covers repairs or the replacement of your car if lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as flooding, lighting, or car fire.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: (Optional) This option covers other non-covered damages and injuries you may undergo if in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
- Roadside assistance and towing: (Optional) This option covers essential options if your car breaks down while out driving, like if your engine coolant leaks out.
- Rental reimbursement coverage: (Optional) This option covers the cost of renting an alternate car while your car is being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your independent insurance agent for aid in deciding your liability coverage needs.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Warwick, RI?
Any registered owner of a motor vehicle in Rhode Island may not be operated without the “full force and effect financial security” and may be subjected to a mandatory suspension of your license, plates, and registration. The punishments for breaking this law are as follows:
- First offense:
- A suspension of up to three months
- A fine of $100 to $500
- Second offense:
- A suspension of up to six months
- A fine of $500
- Third and subsequent offense:
- A suspension of up to one year
- A fine of $1,000
Rhode Island has some of the loosest consequences for uninsured driving in the nation. It should therefore come as no surprise that it also has a higher percentage of uninsured drivers.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13%
- Percentage of RI drivers who are uninsured: 15.2%
Chat with your independent insurance agent for help in selecting your liability coverage options.
What Is the Auto Theft Rate in Warwick, RI?
The 2018 crime rate in Warwick, RI is 118, which is 2.3 times lower than the US average. In the last five years, Warwick has seen a decrease in violent crime and property crime.
- National auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 228.9
- RI auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 144.8
- Warwick auto theft rate per 100,000 vehicles: 306.4
Yet the risk of someone stealing your motor vehicle is much higher in Warwick, it is essential to remember you can only be compensated for auto theft if your car insurance policy includes comprehensive coverage.
If leasing your car or still making payments, hopefully, you already have comprehensive coverage. If not, talk to your independent insurance agent to find out how much it will cost you to add this non-accident related coverage to your car insurance policy.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Warwick, RI?
Independent insurance agents can be advantageous when looking for the best car insurance policy to meet your needs. These insurance specialists can simplify your coverage options, answer insurance-related questions, and assist you in evaluating offerings from several insurance firms.
Contact a TrustedChoice.com independent insurance agent with an office near Warwick, RI, to start comparing individualized car insurance quotes today.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.