Even the most experienced drivers can sometimes get into car accidents. That is why vehicle owners in Mobridge are required to carry car insurance. From collisions on Highway 20 to fender benders in the Supervalu parking lot, a reliable auto insurance policy can shield you from facing large accident-related expenses. Independent Insurance Agents in Mobridge make shopping for best car insurance stress free.
These agents can provide you with a variety of customized auto insurance quotes so you can be sure you are getting a great policy at an affordable price. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more.
What Are South Dakota’s Minimum Car Insurance Requirements?
If you are responsible for a car accident, you are required to cover the medical expenses and property damage losses for the other driver. Fortunately, liability insurance has you covered. In South Dakota, your car insurance must include, at a minimum, the following:
- Liability insurance:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability per accident
- Uninsured motorist insurance:
- $25,000 per person
- $50,000 per accident
If you cause an accident that results in serious injuries or significant property damage, your liability costs are likely to exceed what a minimum coverage policy will cover. In that case, you would be required to make up the difference out of pocket. That is why many Mobridge vehicle owners choose to purchase car insurance that has higher liability limits than the state requires.
If you want to have even more liability coverage than your Mobridge car insurance policy will allow, you can also purchase umbrella insurance. This is an affordable way to significantly increase your liability coverage on all of your insurance policies.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Else Can Mobridge Car Insurance Cover?
In addition to the requirements listed above, you can purchase optional insurance coverage including:
- Collision insurance: This covers collision-related damages to your vehicle, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers non-collision damages to your vehicle, including such things as flood, falling objects, and vandalism.
- Medical payments insurance: Also referred to as personal injury protection, or PIP, this covers the treatment of injuries you or your passengers may sustain in a car accident.
- Towing and roadside assistance insurance: This can pay for the costs associated with receiving assistance if your vehicle breaks down while you are out on the road.
- Rental car reimbursement insurance: This can pay for you to get a rental car while your car is in the garage being repaired following a covered event.
Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more about your various coverage options.
Does Mobridge Car Insurance Cover Auto Thefts?
Even in the small city of Mobridge, car theft is a concern. There are approximately seven vehicles stolen in this city every year.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- South Dakota auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.74
- Mobridge auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.31
It is important to be aware that your car insurance policy will not cover you against auto theft unless it includes comprehensive coverage. This “other than collision” coverage is not required by law, but it is required by most lenders until your auto loan is paid in full. Talk to your independent insurance agent to learn how much it will cost you to include this optional coverage in your auto insurance policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Mobridge, South Dakota?
The average price for car insurance coverage in South Dakota is lower than the national rate. However, in Mobridge the average cost runs a bit higher. This makes shopping around for the most affordable policy even more important.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- South Dakota average annual car insurance cost: $1,180
- Mobridge average annual car insurance cost: $1,319
Auto insurance rates can vary significantly from one driver to the next, so the figures listed above only offer a ballpark idea of what your actual costs might be. Each insurance company will base your coverage rates on a number of different factors such as:
- The make, model, year, and trim of the vehicle(s) you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about the other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The approximate number of miles you drive each year
- How much coverage you are purchasing and the amount of your deductible
- The accident and auto theft rates in the vicinity of your home
You can often obtain lower rates if you have a safe driving record or if you bundle your coverage with another policy like home insurance or renters insurance. Independent insurance agents can make sure that the policy you purchase is offered at a competitive price.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent?
As a vehicle owner in Mobridge, you can turn to a local independent insurance agent for help when you are looking for a car insurance policy that meets your coverage and budgetary needs. These agents are free to work with several different insurance companies so they can obtain a variety of customized car insurance quotes that you can review together.
Contact an insurance agent with an office in or near Mobridge to get started with your search for the best car insurance coverage.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.