There are many acres of farmland near the city of Mobridge, SD. These farms and ranches play a key role in the local economy and supply the country with an abundance of agricultural products. If you are among the many farm or ranch owners in the Mobridge area, you can benefit from protecting your investment with a suitable farm insurance policy. Local independent insurance agents can help you compare policies and rates from a variety of reliable providers. That way, you can be sure you are getting great coverage at an affordable price. Find an insurance agent near you to get more information about farm and ranch insurance.
What Is Mobridge Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is a specific type of policy that was created to meet the unique coverage needs of farm and ranch owners. It combines coverage for your farmhouse with coverage for your farming business in one easily customizable package. A local independent insurance agent can help you navigate through your various coverage options so you can easily purchase a competitively priced policy that covers you against all of the potential hazards you are likely to face as a farm or ranch owner in the Mobridge area.
Mobridge Farm Insurance Covers against Liability Risks
Farm and ranch owners face a number of liability risks. Farm liability insurance is designed to cover expenses such as court costs, legal fees, and damages if you are responsible for a covered event. While some liability coverage comes standard in all farm insurance policies, some is optional. An independent insurance agent can help you determine what kinds of coverage are right for you. Your farm insurance policy may include the following types of liability insurance:
- Premises liability coverage: This is designed to cover third-party damage and injuries if guests, visitors, or customers are involved in an accident while on your farm property.
- Product liability coverage: This is designed to cover third-party illnesses, injuries, or other damage if a product that is produced or sold by your farm is defective in some way.
- Operations liability coverage: This is designed to provide coverage against third-party injuries or property damage caused in the course of running your farm. Example: If a public roadway runs through your farm property and a tractor causes damage while crossing to the other side.
- Farmworkers medical payments: Workers' compensation coverage is not required for agricultural workers in South Dakota. Adding an endorsement for farmworkers medical payments to your farm insurance policy can protect you from a liability lawsuit if a hired hand is injured while working on your farm or ranch.
Mobridge Farm Insurance Covers Your Property
Farm insurance also includes property insurance. This provides coverage for a wide range of assets including both your personal and farm-related property in the event that it is damaged by hazards such as severe storms, high winds, hail, fire, heavy snowfall, and freezing temperatures. Some of the property that your policy can cover includes:
- Your farmhouse: If your home is located on your farm or ranch property, your farm insurance policy can provide you with coverage for its structure as well as for the property (contents) inside it. If damage from a covered event leaves your home uninhabitable, your farm insurance policy can also cover your temporary living expenses while repairs are made.
- The various outbuildings on your property: Your farm insurance can also cover the structure and contents of other structures on your property, including fences, barns, silos, sheds, garages, and other storage facilities.
- Your farm equipment and machinery: Farm insurance is designed to cover damage to equipment and machinery such as tractors, cultivators, balers, plows, sprayers, sprinkler systems, and more.
- Other property: Most farm insurance policies also enable you to purchase endorsements for other farm property such as livestock, feed, and irrigation systems.
A local independent insurance agent can help you obtain a policy that will provide you with suitable coverage for all of your valuable farm or ranch property.
What Else Can Mobridge Farm Insurance Cover?
Your farm insurance provider can also offer a variety of additional coverage options. This enables you to customize your policy to include only the coverage that makes sense for your particular farm or ranch. Options include:
- Equipment breakdown coverage: This is designed to cover the cost of quickly repairing or replacing malfunctioning farm equipment. That way, the normal day-to-day operations on your farm can continue to run smoothly.
- Farm income coverage: If a disaster like an early frost, a wildfire, or a hailstorm damages your crops, kills your livestock, or renders your farm unworkable, this can result in lower-than-expected profits. In this case, farm income coverage can help to make up the difference.
- Debris cleanup and removal coverage: A severe weather event like a windstorm or tornado can cause trees to topple, fences to come down, and outbuildings to collapse. Debris removal coverage covers the costs associated with timely cleanup so you can quickly return to your normal business operations.
Talk to an insurance agent near you to learn about these and other coverage options. Your agent can help you determine which specialized coverage types are a good fit for your Mobridge-area farm.
Why Talk to an Independent Insurance Agent in Mobridge?
When you consult a local independent insurance agent, you can expect to receive trustworthy advice and supportive guidance from someone who is familiar with the risks faced by farm and ranch owners in the Mobridge area. Your agent can obtain and compare customized quotes from a variety of insurance companies so you can be sure you are getting a comprehensive policy at a competitive price.
Contact an insurance agent in or near Mobridge to learn more about your options when it comes to farm insurance.