Collierville, Tennessee is a growing suburb of Memphis. Whether you are driving on I-269, Poplar Avenue, or Winchester Boulevard, you are always at risk for being in a car accident in this bustling town. That’s why most Collierville drivers have car insurance.
An auto insurance policy helps you recover financially after an auto accident. It pays for repairs to damaged cars and can even help you replace a totaled vehicle. And if you’re at fault, it can help you reimburse other drivers for any vehicle damage or injuries that you caused.
Independent insurance agents make shopping for the right car insurance policy easy. Independent agents can work with multiple insurance companies, so you can compare quotes and make sure you are getting the high-quality, best-value coverage you desire.
Tennessee Car Insurance Requirements
Tennessee law requires all vehicle owners to have a minimum amount of insurance coverage, including:
- Bodily injury liability: Required
- Property damage liability: Required
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Not required
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Not required
- Minimum liability limits:2 5/50/15; coverage up to $50,000 for all persons injured in an accident, subject to a limit of $25,000 for one individual; and $15,000 coverage for property damage
Talk to an insurance agent about the importance of purchasing more than the minimum liability insurance required by the state. Tennessee’s minimum requirements may be sufficient to cover damage from minor accidents. But if you cause a serious accident, the minimum coverage likely won’t protect you.
If you don’t have enough coverage, you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for all of the expenses that exceed your policy limits. And if you’re sued for additional damages, the costs may be insurmountable.
Purchasing higher liability insurance limits is usually the best way to ensure you are protected. An independent insurance agent can help you decide what coverage limits are best for your family and you.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost in Collierville, TN?
Tennessee is the 24th most expensive state for car insurance, and rates in Collierville are lower than the state average. If you want to save on car insurance in Collierville, it’s important to shop around for the best rate.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Tennessee average annual car insurance cost: $1,263
- Collierville average annual car insurance cost: $1,038
Remember, everyone’s car insurance rates are a little different. Insurance companies evaluate the risks you present to them and base your rates on how likely you are to file a claim. Several individual factors are assessed, including:
- The make, model, and year of the vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, occupation, driving record, claims history, and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Auto theft rates in your city or ZIP code
- The amount of liability coverage you are purchasing and the deductibles you choose
- Whether you own or rent your home
Most insurance companies offer numerous discounts to help you keep costs down. Bundling your home insurance or renters insurance with your auto insurance is often one way to earn a discount.
Contact an independent insurance agent in Collierville to obtain and compare customized quotes from multiple highly rated insurance companies.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Tennessee
Driving without insurance is against the law in Tennessee, yet many drivers continue to drive without coverage. In fact, Tennessee has the 5th highest percentage of uninsured drivers in the nation.
- How many US drivers are uninsured? 12.6%
- How many Tennessee drivers are uninsured? 20%
If you are in an accident that is caused by an uninsured driver, it can be difficult—if not impossible—to collect reimbursement from the at-fault driver. Uninsured motorist insurance is designed to ensure that you can receive compensation without having to take the at-fault driver to court.
Uninsured motorist coverage is not required in Tennessee.
Number of Auto Thefts in Tennessee
The auto theft rate across the state of Tennessee is lower than the national average. The auto theft rate in Collierville is very low.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.94
- Tennessee auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.27
- Collierville auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.57
If your car is stolen or vandalized, you need comprehensive coverage to reimburse you for your lost or damaged car. Comprehensive coverage also helps you pay if falling objects, floods, structure fires, or other hazards cause damage to your car.
An independent agent in Collierville can help you review the cost to include this coverage in your policy.
Why Contact an Independent Insurance Agent?
Vehicle owners in Collierville can ask an independent insurance agent for help finding the best auto insurance. Independent agents can obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can choose a policy that best meets your coverage and budgetary needs.
Contact a local agent to start comparing customized car insurance quotes.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.