The state of Tennessee extends from the Appalachian Mountains in the east to the Mississippi River in the west. Homeowners in this southeastern state may look forward to moderate Tennessee homeowners insurance premiums. Different insurers in the same local area may offer you different rates. Comparing Tennessee home insurance quotes is a good way to find the best prices and coverage for your unique situation. An independent insurance agent in our network can compare multiple insurers, answer your questions about policy options, and provide excellent customer service.
- National yearly premium average: $1,132
- Tennessee yearly premium average: $1,139
- 19th most expensive premium in the US
These figures won’t really predict the rate that any individual homeowner will have to pay for coverage. Your rates may be different based on your ZIP code, the value of your home, and a number of other factors affecting your house and property.
What Does Tennessee Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Your policy will provide protection against common hazards. In order to better understand your policy, consider these recent claims statistics:
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Number of Catastrophes in Tennessee and the US
- National average number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Tennessee: 454
- National average number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Tennessee: 17
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Tennessee: $57,250,000
Tennessee has a high number of overall catastrophes as well as a significant number of tornadoes, amounting to above average damage claims.
Number of Thefts in Tennessee
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Tennessee number of burglaries: 50,999
Burglary claims are higher than the national average even though Tennessee is only the 17th most populous state. Consider the following tips to help lower the risk of damage to your house and property:
- Install a fire and burglar alarm system. This may help protect your family and property when the unexpected happens.
- Keep your roof in good repair. Use contractors who conform to local standards.
How Can You Find The Best Tennessee Home Insurance Quotes?
Since rates and plans can vary by insurer, it pays to spend time comparing different Tennessee homeowners insurance companies. This can be a time consuming task. A local agent can shop for the best rates and plans for you. This makes the process of selecting and purchasing a new home policy as convenient as possible. When you have to make a damage claim, having the right policy with the right company will save you money. Your local agent will help you choose the right plan that meets your coverage and budget needs.