Bartlett, Tennessee is located northeast of Memphis. This historic city has a population of over 54,000 residents. Homes anywhere can be impacted by fire, severe weather, and even break-ins or vandalism. If you are a homeowner in Bartlett, the best way to protect your home from these types of unforeseen events is to purchase a responsive and reliable home insurance policy. Where can you find an affordable policy with the coverage you need?
An independent insurance agent can help you obtain the best and most affordable insurance coverage for your Bartlett home.
Liability Insurance for Bartlett, TN Homeowners
Liability insurance is one of the most important parts of any homeowners insurance policy. It is designed to protect you when someone claims you have caused an injury or property damage. In these cases, it’s not unlikely that you could be sued for negligence. Without insurance protection, a lawsuit could be financially devastating.
But the liability insurance portion of your homeowners policy takes the worry away. It covers court costs, legal fees, and even settlements or judgments levied against you if you are sued. Talk to your independent insurance agent to learn how an umbrella policy can offer even more liability coverage than your home insurance policy will allow. An umbrella policy supplements the liability coverage in both your home and auto insurance policies.
Burglary Rate in Bartlett, TN
The home burglary rate in Tennessee is quite high compared to the national average, but in Bartlett, the burglary rate is lower than the state overall.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Tennessee: 6.06
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Bartlett: 1.99
This is great news for Bartlett residents. Their homes are relatively safe from burglaries and the low burglary rate helps keep home insurance rates down. But it is still important to take precautions to protect your home from break-ins. And should the worst happen, you need home insurance to reimburse you for your losses as well as for any damage the burglar may have caused. A local independent insurance agent can help you be certain that your home and your possessions are properly insured.
If you have items like expensive jewelry, special collections, or family heirlooms, ask your agent about adding special endorsements or riders to ensure these items have appropriate coverage. Be sure to tell your insurance agent if you have a home security system. While security systems are among the best deterrents for burglars, having one will also help you save some money on your home insurance. Most insurance companies offer discounts to homeowners with burglar alarms.
Catastrophic Events in Tennessee
- Number of declared disasters in Tennessee: 69
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe Storms and Floods
- Average number of tornadoes per year in Tennessee: 29.1
- Average amount of property damage per year in Tennessee: $1,153,112,000
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
Tennessee homeowners insurance protects you from the financial consequences of most property losses you could experience. From a small kitchen fire to a devastating tornado, a reliable home insurance policy will help reimburse you for repair costs, lost and damaged possessions, and even living expenses if you can’t live at home while you make repairs. Severe storms and floods are a real threat in Tennessee. It’s important to keep in mind that flood damage is not covered by your homeowners insurance policy. Tennessee residents should consider purchasing separate flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Your independent insurance agent can help guide you.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Bartlett, TN
Tennessee is the 22nd most expensive state for home insurance in the US. The average cost of homeowners coverage in Bartlett is lower than the national average.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- Tennessee average yearly premium: $1,149
- Bartlett average yearly premium: $908
When you receive quotes for homeowners insurance, expect your premiums to be more or less than the average for your city. Everyone’s homeowners insurance rates are a little different because insurance costs are based on your individual home’s characteristics and the amount of coverage you need. Some of the factors used to calculate homeowners insurance rates include:
- The type of home you are insuring (single-family detached home, multi-family home, mobile home, townhome, etc.)
- Whether the house you are insuring is your primary residence
- The size, age, and value of your house
- The materials used in your home’s construction
- Your claims history and credit score
- Your coverage limits and the deductible that you choose
- The crime rate and weather risks in your city or ZIP code
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with other policies like car insurance
The best way to make sure that you are getting the best price is to shop around. An independent insurance agent can get quotes from multiple insurance companies, so you can compare costs and coverage and make the best choice for your needs and budget.
Second Home and Vacation Home Insurance
If your primary residence is in Bartlett, but you own a second home, a vacation home, or a rental property, you have special insurance considerations. It’s important to talk to your insurance agent about how to sufficiently insure all of your residential properties. Because second homes often have different risks than primary residences, you might need insurance coverage that is different from a standard home insurance policy.
- Rental property owners have high liability risks. Landlord insurance can help protect you from the costs of liability claims and lawsuits.
- Thieves and vandals often target homes that are empty for long periods. What’s more, water damage, ice damage, and fires are more common in homes that are only occupied seasonally. Talk to an independent insurance agent to see if vacant home insurance can help in your situation.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent?
The easiest way to find a reliable and affordable homeowners insurance policy is by contacting a local independent insurance agent. These agents work for you, not for a particular insurance company, so you can be sure that you are receiving trustworthy guidance and the coverage you need.
Contact an agent near you to start comparing customized, competitively priced home insurance quotes.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.