Several large and successful companies including Motel 6, Fastsigns International, and Heelys Inc., are located in Carrollton, TX. This city is also home to several small, privately owned businesses in a variety of different industries. If you are a resident entrepreneur in this vibrant Texas city, you may want to consider protecting your company with a Carrollton, TX business insurance policy.
Shopping for the right business insurance policy can, at times, be a daunting task. Independent insurance agents in the TrustedChoice network can assist you as you determine your company’s unique coverage needs. By using their relationships with many different insurance companies, member agents can find you a variety of competitively-priced policies that meet these specific needs. Contact a member agent in your neighborhood today for more information and start comparing Carrollton commercial insurance quotes in no time.
Top 5 Industries for Small Businesses with Employees in Texas
- Professional, scientific and technical companies: 54,700
- Healthcare and social assistance companies: 48,300
- Retail trade companies: 44,300
- Construction companies: 38,300
- Accommodation and food services companies: 31,400
Each of these different business industries presents different types of potential risks. A business that operates a retail storefront, for example, does not have same liability risks as a company that provides manufactured products. Insurance companies understand this and have therefore created business insurance policies that can be tailored to fit each company’s unique coverage needs. These polices can prove vital when it comes to protecting your small business from unexpected losses and expenses.
Is Carrollton Business Insurance Mandatory?
In many cases, small companies are not required to carry business insurance. However, certain kinds of business-related insurance policies are mandatory for certain types of businesses. For example, if your business has employees, the state of Texas will require you to carry insurance coverage for worker’s compensation, disability, and state unemployment benefits. Likewise, if your business requires the use of company-owned cars or trucks, you will be required to carry a commercial vehicle insurance policy.
You may be required to carry a commercial insurance policy if you have taken out a business loan, as many lenders will want to ensure the financial security of your business so that you can continue making payments on your loan. Whether or not you are required to have this coverage, however, the benefits of a business insurance policy cannot be understated. You have most likely invested a lot time and money into starting up your small business. It is well worth the cost to protect it with a suitable insurance policy.
Revenues Generated by Businesses based in Carrollton, TX
- Manufacturers’ shipments: $2.411 billion
- Merchant wholesaler sales: $4.226 billion
- Retail sales: $1.809 billion
- Retail sales per capita: $14,642
- Accommodation and food service sales: $148 million
As can be seen by the figures listed above, businesses in the three counties that are included in the Carrollton metro-area are responsible for nearly $200 billion in sales, trade, and shipments. As a small business owner in this Texas city, you are playing a vital role in the economic health of this state.
Some new business owners are under the misconception that because they set up their company as an LLC or a corporation, the business is protected from potential liability claims. However, these business structures are designed only to protect the personal assets of business owners if the company is sued for liability. The business itself remains exposed. Only a Carrollton business insurance policy can fully protect your business venture.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Does Carrollton Business Insurance Cover?
There is no such thing as a commercial insurance policy that is suitable for all types of business industries. Business insurance policies are therefore designed to include many different coverage options. This allows small-business owners to build customized policies that are appropriate for each different sort of commercial venture. The most commonly purchased coverage options offered by commercial insurance policies include the following:
- Liability insurance: If your company is sued as a result of injuries at your place of business, instances of malpractice or negligence in provision, faulty product design or any other business-related liability case, your business insurance can provide compensation for the damages. Court costs and legal fees incurred as a result of covered events can also be compensated by liability insurance coverage.
- Property insurance: If your business suffers property loss or damage due to weather, fire, vandalism, or theft, your policy will provide you with compensation to cover the losses. Flood damage, however, is rarely covered by these business policies so you are likely to need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy as well.
- Lost income insurance: If your company faces an interruption in production or sales due to damages or problems resulting from a covered event, lost income insurance will provide a continuation of income. This way, you can make payments on your monthly bills and expenses as well as continue to pay your employees.
Find an Appropriate Carrollton Business Insurance Policy
Because there are so many different kinds of business industries, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all commercial insurance policy. When shopping for a suitable policy, you can benefit from the help of an insurance agent in the Trusted Choice network. These agents can help you assess your company’s unique risks and coverage requirements and can ensure that the business policy you select provides all the coverage you need.
Trusted Choice member agents can be found in more than 27,000 locations nationwide and several have offices right here in Carrollton. Set up an obligation-free meeting with a local network representative and see how much time and money you can save by working with an independent insurance agent. You can be comparing Carrollton commercial insurance quotes in no time. Contact an agent today.