In 2009, Money Magazine listed El Paso as one of the country’s best cities in which to start a business. Located right on the border of New Mexico and Mexico, this city frequently engages in trade, particularly with Juarez, Mexico. El Paso is home to the headquarters of such companies as Dos Lunas Tequila and Spira Footware, Inc. and also hosts several small, privately owned businesses. If you have invested in starting a company in this great American city, you can benefit from the protection of an El Paso, TX business insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in the Trusted Choice® network can assist you with determining your company’s unique business coverage needs. By using their relationships with several different insurance providers, these agents can easily find you a variety of competitively-priced policies that meet these needs. Contact a member agent today to learn more and to start comparing El Paso commercial insurance quotes.
Top 6 Industries for Small Businesses with Employees in Texas
- Professional, scientific and technical businesses: 54,700 firms
- Healthcare and social companies: 48,300 firms
- Retail trade: 44,300 firms
- Construction: 38,300 firms
- Accommodation and food services: 31,400 firms
- Wholesale trade: 24,500 firms
No matter what your industry, a comprehensive business insurance policy can protect your business from suffering financial losses due to unforeseen problems or circumstances. Following a disaster or a lawsuit, these policies may be necessary to prevent your business from falling into bankruptcy.
The Importance of Having an El Paso Business Insurance Policy
The state of Texas requires all businesses that have employees to purchase coverage for workers compensation and disability. Also, if your business uses vehicles for delivery, transportation or construction, you will need to have a commercial vehicle insurance policy. If you have taken out a large business loan, your lender may require you to carry a comprehensive commercial insurance policy to protect your business for the life of the loan.
On the other hand, if your business is a sole-proprietorship meant for self-employment, as is the case with 83 percent of all of Texas’ small businesses, you are not mandated to carry any kind of business insurance. Regardless, it is still a very good idea to protect your business and the investment that you have made in it with a solid El Paso business insurance policy.
2007 Revenues Generated by Businesses in El Paso, TX
- Manufacturers’ shipments: $14 billion
- Merchant wholesaler sales: $4 billion
- Retail sales: $1 billion
- Retail sales per capita: $13,146
- Accommodation and food service sales: $991 million
Do not be misled into believing that your business is automatically protected against liability-related financial losses because your company is set up as an LLC or a corporation. These corporate business structures are designed only as a means of protecting your personal assets from liability charges that may be filed against your company. The business itself, however, remains vulnerable.
To ensure that your company remains profitable, even in the face of catastrophe, you need commercial insurance. An El Paso business insurance policy can shield your business from losses and allow you to continue business operations without the risk of losing your investment.
El Paso’s Occupations with the Highest Employment, 2012
- Office and administrative support: 51,330 jobs
- Sales and related occupations: 30,740 jobs
- Food preparation and serving: 27,440 jobs
- Education, training and library occupations: 22,030 jobs
- Transportation and material moving: 19,360 jobs
- Production operations: 15,520 jobs
- Healthcare practitioners and technical occupations: 15,310 jobs
- Installation, maintenance and repair services: 11,440 jobs
While El Paso is a primarily blue-collar town, the presence of the University of Texas at El Paso opens the door to many technical and education-related jobs in the area. This is an area of Texas in which nearly any type of business can thrive.
What Does El Paso Business Insurance Cover?
There are many different types of businesses and they can vary greatly in size, industry and potential risks. For this reason, commercial insurance policies offer a variety of policy options. This allows you to customize your business policy to meet your company’s unique coverage needs. Your El Paso business insurance policy may provide coverage for:
- General, professional and/or product liability charges
- Instances of perceived malpractice or negligence in provision
- Loss or damage caused by fire, weather, vandalism or theft
- Lost income during a business interruption caused by a covered event. Be aware that nearly all business insurance policies have exclusions for damages caused by floods. For complete coverage, you may want to consider purchasing a separate NFIP-backed flood insurance policy. A Trusted Choice member agent can provide you with more information about flood insurance as well as help you secure a suitable policy.
How Can You Find the Best El Paso Business Insurance Policy?
Because there are so many different variables when it comes to business insurance policies, you will likely benefit from the assistance of an independent insurance agent in the Trusted Choice network. These agents can help you best determine your business’s unique risks and coverage needs and can ensure that you are getting all the coverage without purchasing any of the coverage you do not.
Agents in the Trusted Choice network can be found in thousands of locations across the county and many have offices right here in El Paso. It is therefore easy to find a member agent close to you. You may be surprised by how much time and money these agents can save you. Contact an agent today to get a variety of El Paso commercial insurance quotes for policies that are designed specifically for your business.