Frisco is more than a large suburb of Dallas; it is also a growing city in its own right. It is a great place to live, work and start a business, as is evident in the fact that this city is home to more than 11,500 small businesses. If you are starting or growing a business in this booming suburb, be sure you find the right Frisco, TX business insurance.
Business owners and managers do not have to go far to get help with securing a suitable business insurance policy. An independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you assess your business coverage needs and compare multiple Frisco commercial insurance quotes. Get policy information, competitive quotes, and personal service by contacting a local network agent today.
Business Insurance Cost Estimates
- Small business professional liability cost estimate: $500 to $2,500 annually
- Small business general liability cost estimate: $500 to $15,000 annually
- Health insurance estimated costs: $500/individual to $12,000/family annually
The best way to find and compare Frisco business insurance premiums is to first determine what kinds of coverage your company needs and then to compare policies and rates from multiple insurance companies. A Town Square café will certainly have different coverage requirements than a Fortune 500 software company. You can turn to an independent insurance agent or a financial advisor for help assessing your particular business insurance coverage needs.
The Business Landscape in Frisco
Frisco was named the fastest growing city in America from 2000 to 2009. This city is not just another Dallas-Fort Worth bedroom community; rather, it has a large economic base that thrives mostly in the retail sector. As an added bonus to business owners, Frisco uses part of its sales tax revenue to fund economic development of both large and small companies.
What Does Frisco Business Insurance Cover?
Each business owner needs to purchase coverage based on the unique needs and risks of the company. Some factors to be considered are the business's location, industry, size and inherent risks.
Consider some examples. Shop owners in the town square likely rent their retail space so they will not need to concern themselves with insuring the actual building; however, they will need to cover their inventory. On the other hand, the owner of a large restaurant with its own building will need to insure the building as well as the business inventory and equipment.
The main coverage types you can expect to find with your Frisco business insurance policy include:
- Property coverage: This compensates you for property loss or damage caused by fire, storms, accidents, theft and other covered events.
- Liability coverage: There are many different types of liability coverage, including product liability, accident/injury liability, malpractice and professional liability, liquor liability and errors and omissions coverage.
- Crime coverage: This covers your business against losses caused by such crimes as fraud, embezzlement, extortion, and theft.
- Loss of income coverage: This provides your Frisco business with a continuation of income if a covered event causes a temporary closure.
You Can Get Group Insurance Benefits for Employees
Along with business growth comes the requirement to provide employees with group insurance plans. The new Affordable Healthcare Act mandates that business owners with more than 50 full-time employees must provide affordable health insurance options to them.
Business owners can take advantage of low group-rates by purchasing their health insurance coverage through the newly-created Texas healthcare exchange. Speak with an independent insurance agent or a financial advisor to learn more about the business and tax benefits you can get when you purchase group insurance plans.
Review Your Business Insurance Requirements and Options
Federal, state, and local laws may govern commercial insurance requirements. A physician will be required to carry malpractice insurance in the form of professional liability coverage while a small boutique owner will be concerned with covering store inventory, though this coverage is not required.
You can discuss your unique concerns with a commercial insurance agent. You may need to purchase some or all of the following:
- Product liability insurance
- General liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Group health benefits for employees
- Workers compensation insurance
Compare Frisco Commercial Insurance Quotes
Starting and growing a business in Frisco requires you to invest time, money and energy so you will want to protect your business with the right insurance package. A Trusted Choice network agent can help you find the right Frisco business insurance regardless of your business type.
It is easy to find a Trusted Choice member agent with an office located conveniently close to your home or business. Contact a member agent now to learn more about business insurance and you can receive a variety of Frisco commercial insurance quotes today.