Odessa, TX is known for its cowboy culture, hot Texas summers, and the many oil rigs dotting the landscape. Called the Jackrabbit Capital of Texas, Odessa needs insured drivers on the road with the right auto insurance policies.
From dried out tires that come apart to an accident with an oil tanker, a solid auto insurance policy can help get you back on the right track and avoid a large accident-related financial loss.
Talk to an independent agent and get matched today.
How Much Does Auto Insurance Cost in Odessa, TX?
The national average cost of auto insurance is $1,427 per year, slightly higher than the auto insurance rates for Odessa, TX. However, you can also find discounts to make the rate even more inexpensive.
What Is the Minimum Insurance Coverage Required in Odessa, TX?
In Odessa, Texas your auto policy must have at least $30,000 in auto coverage for injuries per person, up to a total of $60,000 per accident, and $25,000 in auto coverage for property damage.
Most likely, quotes you get from insurance companies will vary. This happens because each auto insurance company has their own way of calculating rates and determining risk. Your auto insurance quote will be based on the following factors:
- The make, model, and year of every vehicle to be insured
- The amount of your deductible
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your credit score and driving record
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
By bundling your auto insurance with homeowners or renters insurance, you may qualify for significant discounts on your policies. If you have a safe driving record, you may also be entitled to other possible discounts. Let a local independent insurance agent help you compare rates and obtain every discount for which you qualify. This way, you can get the auto coverage you need at the most competitive price.
What Does Odessa, TX Auto Insurance Cover?
When you purchase an auto insurance policy, you must have a combination of required and optional coverage. As a resident of Odessa, TX, your auto policy must meet or exceed the Texas minimum auto coverage requirements. Texas state law requires drivers to carry liability insurance, personal injury protection insurance (PIP), and uninsured motorist insurance.
Texas state law also requires its drivers to show proof they can pay for auto collisions they cause. Drivers can do this by purchasing auto liability insurance. Furthermore, if you are still financing your car, your creditor will probably require you to carry comprehensive and collision insurance, as well. Likewise, if you are leasing your vehicle, the dealership will probably require you to have collision and comprehensive auto insurance coverage.
You can expect your auto insurance broker to offer the following types of auto insurance coverage:
- Liability insurance (Required): Pays for other people’s injuries and damage if you cause a collision. Your policy must include the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of at least $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $25,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (Required): Texas requires personal injury protection unless you sign an agreement
declining the coverage. However, declining the PIP coverage may leave you vulnerable if you are injured in a collision and suddenly face high medical bills or lost wages.
- Uninsured motorist insurance: This pays for non-covered damage and injuries you may suffer in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. Your policy must include bodily injury coverage of at least $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident, unless you sign an agreement declining the coverage, which makes you responsible for any medical bills or lost wages.
- Comprehensive auto insurance: This helps pay to replace or repair your automobile if it is stolen or damaged in an incident that is not a collision. Comprehensive auto insurance typically covers damage from fire, vandalism or falling objects (such as a tree). If you own your vehicle, this is an optional coverage on your auto insurance policy.
- Collision insurance: This coverage pays to repair or replace your automobile if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of liability. This auto insurance policy is partially optional.
- Roadside assistance and towing: These are optional coverages and they pay for necessary assistance if your automobile becomes disabled while out on the road, such as if you run out of fuel.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This pays for the cost of renting a replacement automobile while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Talk to your independent auto insurance agent today to decide the amount of liability coverage you need and can afford.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Odessa, TX?
In Texas, driving without insurance is illegal. First-time offenders will be cited and fined between $175 and $350. Furthermore, an additional charge of $250 will be added to your annual driver's license fee for the next three years.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13%
- Percentage of Texas drivers who are uninsured: 20%
Since you are required to have uninsured motorist insurance in your auto insurance policy, you can rest assured that you will be compensated if an uninsured motorist collides with your automobile.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Odessa, TX?
Working with an independent insurance agent, you can find the best auto policy for your coverage and budgetary needs. You can shop with multiple companies, get the best prices, and find locally owned services. Independent insurance agents can help you in a variety of ways.
They can explain your coverage options, answer auto insurance-related questions, and help you pick an independent auto insurance agent. Contact an independent insurance agent in Odessa, TX to learn more and compare customized car insurance quotes today.
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.