McKinney, the county seat of Collin Country, started out as a modest commercial center and agricultural community. Now, many consider it one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. This city is also a suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, one of the best areas to relocate to in the U.S. If you live in this growing Dallas suburb, you should protect your house with affordable McKinney, TX homeowners insurance.
A local Trusted Choice® agent can provide you with personal service and free McKinney commercial insurance quotes from multiple insurers. Contact a local member agent today for good coverage at a good price.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
While it is interesting to compare average prices, they may not tell you much about your own home policy costs. In order to get a good idea of how much your own home policy should cost, you can compare McKinney homeowners insurance quotes from a handful of local companies.
McKinney Homeowners Insurance Coverage Types
If you look at a few different policies, you will see they usually provide a package of coverage. A typical house policy might include these common types of coverage:
- Building property: Covers the home and other structures like garages and fences
- Home contents: Covers personal property like a wardrobe, furniture and electronics
- Liability insurance: Covers others' damage claims against the homeowner
- Relocation assistance or “loss of use”: Provides temporary housing if a home becomes uninhabitable because of covered incident
Be aware that basic coverage may exclude some types of damage or injuries. Floods, windstorms and earthquakes are examples of excluded coverage. You can discuss additional insurance coverage with your local agent.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
The region usually enjoys a mild climate with sunny summers and mild winters. Snow falls occasionally. However, the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area is part of "Tornado Alley," a region with a high incidence of windstorms. In addition, tropical storms and hurricanes can travel up from the Gulf Coast, bringing high winds and heavy rain that could cause flooding.
Homeowners insurance can go a long way to offering you peace of mind that your belongings and your finances can be protected, no matter what Mother Nature throws at you. FEMA prepares floodplain maps that you can easily search, which may help you determine whether purchasing flood insurance is a good idea.
Theft in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
Many residents consider this city to be a quiet and family-friendly Dallas suburb. However, burglaries and vandalism can happen anywhere. Basic McKinney homeowners insurance should cover burglaries, but it may be prudent to check your policy limits to be sure you can actually replace your valuables with the amounts specified.
You may also wish to see if a home security system can make your home safer and earn McKinney homeowners insurance discounts.
McKinney Home Insurance Quotes
A Trusted Choice network agent can make it easy to find McKinney homeowners insurance at a price you can afford. Your local independent agent will answer your questions, help you select coverage amounts and provide you with McKinney home insurance quotes to compare.
If you want to buy a new home or just want to be sure you're paying a fair price for your current policy, find a Trusted Choice network agent right away.