Most of the time, the city is relatively hot and dry, although winter temperatures may drop below freezing occasionally. Despite the climate, flash floods and tornadoes threaten the city periodically. If you make your home in this West Texas city, be sure to purchase good Midland, TX homeowners insurance.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Cost of Homeowners Insurance in Texas
- National yearly premium average: $1,034
- Texas yearly premium average: $1,661
- 3rd most expensive premium in the US
It is interesting to compare average home policy rates, but they may not tell you much about your own Midland homeowners insurance cost. Insurers use different information to calculate rates. This information might include a home’s value, coverage options and the property's prior claims history.
Yet, you might be able to save money by qualifying for home policy discounts. Common reasons for discounts include bundling multiple policies, installing security alarms and performing certain types of home repairs and upgrades.
Typical Midland Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Typical home insurance includes a package of protection. Common coverage types for an average home occupied by the owner include the following:
- Building property coverage for the home and other structures like garages and fences
- Home contents coverage for personal property like a wardrobe, furniture and electronics
- Liability insurance for damage claims by others against the homeowner
- Relocation assistance or “loss of use” to provide temporary lodging if the home is rendered uninhabitable because of a covered incident
Homeowners also need to be aware that many basic policies exclude some hazards. In some areas, residents must purchase additional flood, windstorm and earthquake insurance. You should review your current coverage and speak with a local agent for more information.
Number of Catastrophes in Texas and the US
- National number of catastrophes: 19,033
- Number of catastrophes in Texas: 1,935
- National number of tornadoes: 1,233
- Number of tornadoes in Texas: 221
- National property damage from weather: $5,511,270,000
- Property damage from weather in Texas: $1,026,150,000
Midland is less susceptible to the hazards of tornadoes than most of the rest of the state, but tornadoes still do occur.
And the Midland area is vulnerable to flooding. Sometimes the arid conditions make the ground too hard to soak up much water, so flash floods can wreak havoc on the area.
Save on Home Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Theft in Texas
- National average for burglaries: 37,814
- Texas number of burglaries: 190,898
Some threats to your house and personal property do not come from nature. While it is prudent to do everything you can to protect your home from burglars, it is also a good idea to make sure you have adequate property insurance in case of loss or damage.
Some insurers offer home policy discounts for things that owners do to reduce the threat of thefts. See how much you can save on your premiums by installing a burglar alarm.
Midland Home Insurance Quotes
How can you be certain that your house has proper coverage? A local independent Trusted Choice agent can suggest policy options and help you compare a variety of Midland home insurance quotes. This way, you can relax because you have done everything you can to protect your property.
It is not easy for the average local homeowner to know which coverage to purchase. Contact a Trusted Choice member agent today to learn more about Midland homeowners insurance.