The capital of the Lone Star State is a diverse and growing city. Residents of Austin are forward thinking and innovative, as evidenced by the many industries here and the arts and culture scene. If you're starting a family or looking to protect your estate for future generations, you might be wondering what the most efficient way to find Austin, TX life insurance is. Thankfully, professional guides through the insurance world are available with the click of a mouse.
An independent local agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you estimate your family’s coverage needs and offer you Austin life insurance quotes from multiple insurers that do business in the city. This may be the best way to purchase the right policy at the right price for you. Find sensible solutions and competitive quotes from a local member agent today.
Life Insurance Cost Samples
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of term life for a 35 year old preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of term life for a 50 year old preferred risk male non-smoker: $111.38
- Number of new individual policies purchased, 2009: 10,139
Note that these sample rates are not intended to represent an actual price from a specific insurer or person. Rates for any individual can be affected by a number of individual factors like exact ZIP code, health, and even profession.
For example, policemen or some employees of Capital Metro may be put in a higher risk bracket by some insurers because they are in law enforcement of transportation. On the other hand, people with very good health habits may qualify for lower rates.
Each insurer has unique underwriting guidelines and rate schedules. Rate differences can add up to thousands of dollars over the length of a 20 or 30 year term policy. That is why it is prudent to gather a handful of Austin life insurance rates to compare. Your Trusted Choice member agent can provide this information for you.
What Kinds of Life Insurance Can You Buy?
- Term life: These are considered temporary policies, though policies may last for several years or even a few decades. This is generally the cheapest kind of life insurance, as it typically pays death benefits only and does not accrue a cash value.
- Whole life: These are permanent policies which will cover you as long as you pay the premium. The policy may accrue a cash value in addition to the death benefit.
- Universal life: This is another type of permanent life insurance. It is more flexible than whole life because the death benefit and even the premiums can be adjusted. These policies may also accrue a cash value in addition to the death benefits.
The list above only summarizes the simplest types of policies, and you can also find many variations and hybrids with features and benefits that might be useful. Some polices may also be bundled with other types of coverage like disability or catastrophic illness insurance.
The best type of Austin life insurance for you and your family really depends upon your financial situation, existing coverage, goals, and budget. A local agent can help you understand different policy types so you can make the best choice.
Who Can Purchase Austin Life Insurance?
- Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
- Americans under 25 with life insurance: 18%
- Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: over 50%
Almost anybody can purchase some type of life insurance policy that meets their budget and goals. Older or less healthy people may have to pay more for coverage. However, some people with well-managed health conditions may be accepted at standard rates.
You may have access to group coverage at work. However, an individual policy can be transported from job to job or even kept after retirement. In fact, it can be easy to lose coverage when you change jobs or retire if you rely on your employer for Austin life insurance coverage.
Compare Life Insurance Plans and Prices
When you're looking for Austin life insurance quotes to match the goals of your family and your current budget, there are many factors to take into consideration. A local agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you estimate your life insurance needs and compare Austin life insurance quotes from a variety of highly rated insurers.
Contact one of these agents today for more information about Austin life insurance.