El Paso is a great place to call home. It consistently gets very high ratings for safety, including being ranked as the safest U.S. city for the third year in a row by City Crime Ratings. You've made a smart choice calling this west Texas city home. How can you make a smart choice to keep your family financially safe in the future?
A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can help you find the right coverage for yourself, your family or even your business. One of these local agents can offer your free El Paso life insurance quotes from multiple companies. Contact a member agent here in town today for personal assistance.
Sample Life Insurance Costs and Facts
- Age, general health, travel habits, location and even job type can affect premiums
- Number of new individual policies purchased, 2009: 10,139
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 35-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $35.69
- Sample monthly premium for $500,000 of 20 year term life coverage for a 50-year-old female preferred risk non-smoker: $86.98
These sample prices are not intended to illustrate actual prices for any individual or insurer. Many individual considerations can affect rates. These include your personal history,health, age, habits and even how much you travel.
For example, many residents of this border city travel internationally more frequently than average Americans do. Since this city is an important entry point from Mexico into the United States, international and interstate travel is an important consideration for life insurance companies when they create a policy. The more international travel you participate in, the more risky you can be to insure, in some cases.
Some insurers may reward you for things you do to stay healthy. If you don’t smoke and control your weight, you might qualify for preferred rates. To find the best insurer, policy type and coverage amount for yourself and your family, it's a good idea to shop around for insurance. A local Trusted Choice member agent can help you with your search.
Compare the Types of El Paso Life Insurance
- Whole life insurance: This is permanent life insurance, which may accrue a cash value. These policies are generally kept in force as long as they are paid for or paid up.
- Universal life insurance: This is also permanent life insurance, but it may be more flexible and more complex than whole life. Some features like the premium and the face value may be changed over the life of the policy.
- Term life insurance: This type of policy lasts for a specified length of time (term), and usually has no cash value left at the end. In general, term policies are cheaper than permanent policies.
These are the most basic types of El Paso life insurance policies, but your local agent may suggest hybrids or policy options that can provide additional benefits.
For example, you can purchase term life with a return of premium (ROP) rider, which means that your premiums will be refunded at the end of the term if you never collect any benefits. This is a sort of hybrid between term and whole life, which some consumers find attractive.
Who Can Buy El Paso Life Insurance?
- Americans under 25 with life insurance: 18%
- Americans aged 25 to 34 with life insurance: over 50%
- Americans who do not believe they have enough life insurance: 39%
Younger adults are less likely to purchase coverage than more established, older adults. Young people may not feel like they have a great need for coverage because they are not married and do not have children. However, it might be possible to plan for the future by locking in lower rates at a younger age.
You should not hesitate to apply for a policy even if you are older or have a health condition. Many people with managed health issues can be covered at a standard rate. Lots of insurers are courting older customers these days. You might also have an opportunity to purchase coverage through a group benefit plan provided by your employer. A group plan might be a sensible option, but remember that it may not be transportable from job to job like an individual life insurance policy is.
If you are a business owner, you can also discuss group health and life insurance benefits for your company with a Trusted Choice member agent. Many companies have found that group employee benefits help them retain quality employees.
Compare El Paso Life Insurance Quotes
Many families know they should purchase coverage to protect their families from the unexpected. Finding the right coverage for yourself, your family or your business can be a time-consuming and complex task. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can make this task much easier by providing advice and free competitive rate quotes to compare.
Contact a local member agent today for more information about El Paso life insurance.